Jobs
Tags

"Looking for Team" thread Sticky

A topic by Polyducks created Aug 16, 2022 Views: 989 Replies: 34
Viewing posts 1 to 16
Jam HostSubmitted(+2)

Please use the following format:

Introduction:

"Hi, my name is X, and I am a student at Y studying Z. I've entered GBJam once last year!"

Your skills:
"I can write, make graphics and do music. I can program in GBStudio."

Examples of your work:
"You can find my work at http://polyducks.co.uk"

What you're looking for:"I'm looking for someone who is likeminded, enjoys long walks on the beach and doing most of the work."

Hey !

I'm game asset designer 

You can checkout my assets if you want 

And all my assets has free version.

You can use them if you don't want to pay anything 

Jam HostSubmitted

Sorry, no premade, third party assets are allowed in this game jam.

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

Hi everyone!

This looks like a fun game jam hopefully I can find time to make something. I have some success in previous retro inspired game jams & making a Game Boy game sounds like fun. Please take a look at my page of games here : ninneko.itch.io

Normally I use the Unity engine but also plan on learning Godot. If there are any animators and audio devs who are looking for a game programmer leave a comment here.

Edit: Deleted new thread and posted here. My apologies.

Submitted (2 edits)

Hello, I am a beginner music composer and programmer and I can work in Unity. I have experience with making chiptunes and I'd like to join your team as a second programmer and/or musician.

I have made one game on my own (including all code and music) and composed the soundtrack to another unfinished one. You can check out both of them on my itch page. If you are interested, I could show you more of my music, because not much of it is on my itch at the moment.

Submitted

Played Negative Zone, nice game! Can you make Gameboy style music? I'm thinking a short arcade style spaceship shmup game will be a good project for a short time frame. Infinite runner is also a good genre.

Submitted

I have made some NES style music, and I assume Gameboy isn't that different. Both of these genres work for me as long as we can make it fit into the theme.

Submitted

Hey, you haven't responded in a while. If you're interested, you can message me on Discord at toppat4lyfe#3064

Submitted

I been checking out different Gameboy games. This one caught my attention. 

Submitted

That looks cool. As long as it fits in the theme, we can do something similar. Are you planning to use Unity?

Submitted

Yes Unity. One day I want to learn Godot but Unity will be fastest.

Another spaceship game for the gameboy camera.

Hey I'm a 2d artist, I know a bit of coding from having completed the junior programming courses in Unity. Art is my biggest suit though, are you still looking for teammates?

Submitted

Yes more devs = better. Still not sure what type of game but with the short time frame im thinking something easy to build. If we can get a good game boy spaceship or character running animation we could begin work on either a spaceship game or infinite runner/platformer.   

Do you have a discord?

Submitted

Yes, Im in the chat for GBJam with the same name

Submitted

Created a discord chat for this team
Here is the link:

https://discord.gg/y977jAj3

Submitted

First game jam, first Game Boy game and first time working in a team. Will probably just plod my way through and if all else fails just lurk looking at all the cool games. If anyone wants to work with such a noob hmu. 

Dunno if I'm allowed to answer or how to text you directly (maybe I don't see 'cause I'm on my phone right now) but I think about joining the jam and yeah I'm new to this, too (only made 2 games and one jam) but maybe it's fun to work together. Is there any place where I can write to you to team up (if you wanna)?

Submitted

Hey! Sorry, didn't realise. Teabelly#1146 Gimme a shout on discord and we can chat about ideas :) 

I've also added you on Discord, to perhaps chat with the both of you. Hope that's ok.. ;)

Hi! I want to join to your party. I have some unity development experience and it's my first game jam too. I send friend request on Discord, my nickname is Kernom, like itchio profile's name. 

(+1)

Hey I'm also a noob, I'm a composer and I'm looking to make music for some games. I'm just barely starting to learn implementation so I might not be super help in dev but I can definitely bring some music! Some 8 bit stuff: https://s.disco.ac/exlcvdahishj

Hey guys!

My name is Nolen Abel and I'm a sound designer and composer looking for a team to work with on this game jam! I'll leave my portfolio website at the bottom so you can check out my work.

Feel free to message me here or on Discord.

Discord: Eren Liebert#7391 

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

Hi I'm Vlad and I'm very excited to make GB music. I used to make chiptune just for fun, but now there is a great opportunity to make an entire album

I can write a full soundtrack in a short time, so if anything, you don’t have to worry about delays, everything will be done on time

Examples of my work are on my itch.io page, there is no chiptune in the examples, but at least you will get acquainted with my level

I hope to find a team soon and get to work because I'm really excited and would like to write an album for a GameBoy game

You can find my contacts and Media on my itch.io page

Submitted

I sent you a friend request on Discord, I'd like to share my idea and see if you're interested. :)

Show post...

hey guy i am game boy advance video maker making video transformed in gba iso emulator compatible on pc and laptops

Show post...

adding like nostalgic  cartoon shows for all the sweet memories 

like Megas Xlr or hi hi puffy ami yumi in Gameboy advance videos but it will take some time

Greetings! My name is Nikolay, I'm currently studying in Germany with an emphasis on IT. I've never entered a GBJam before, but I have worked on other jams. 

My main skill is programming. I have experience in C++ (UE4), I would say I'm good at C# (Unity), and also good at GML (GameMaker Studio). I also have experience in Godot (I programmed one of my published games in Godot), and JavaScript (WebGL, never used Three.js).

Sadly, I haven't made games in a long time and have been focusing more on software/web-dev, so I am very excited to work on a game again!

Here are some of my games.

A link to some YouTube videos of stuff I made (relatable to GameDev).

This is my GitHub.

If you're interested in working with me, here's my Discord: DOOM2099#8516

(1 edit)

Hi everyone, my name is Will and I'm a sound designer/composer from NYC with four years of experience.

Looking to join a team in need of some sound work. I can also help implement any audio you need in either Unity or Unreal. If you're interested, check out my portfolio and soundcloud: 

https://www.willbertiz.com/

https://soundcloud.com/whullum

My discord is Whullum#0454. Feel free to reach out and happy jamming to all!

Hi Headphone Headache is the name, student Film and Game Composer at ArtEZ Enschede in the Netherlands

I can do Sound Design and Music via Fmod and Unity, so far I have experience with it via school assignments, so I am excited to put the experience in the field.

You-Tube with some of my work: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC71JvlH32Z4Gb8cKQialq5g

Currently looking for a team as my previous decided to not participate in this game jam, due to coding in different engines.

Hi! I'm Naidru and this is my first time joining on a jam. I can create games inside of GBStudio but I am looking for people to create Music/Sound Effects and create graphics for the project.

I already have a writer on the team and I am myself a writer. If anyone here is interested in joining with me, feel free to send me a message on my discord!

Naidru#3580

Hey there! My name is Collin, and I am going into college in January to major in business and minor in theatre! 

I'm currently an assistant director and casting assistant in two different dub groups, so I have experience in voice direction casting. I'm also an aspiring writer and story editor, though I don't presently have experience in those fields. 

I'm looking for story driven projects I can help edit or write. I'm also looking for projects that want voice acting, so I can help bring quality VA work to the game! 

Hi! I have story-driven game, though it is out of the jam. Would you want to help?

my discord is Collin is typing#4894, it's what a primarily use for communication. Let's discuss your game! 

Sorry I don't have discord. Can we chat in google chat instead?