Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

unfair games

A topic by Suspended Account created Apr 06, 2020 Views: 236 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 5
Show post...

I realized that there are many games that are not about the topic of jam and that seems unfair to me, since those games that do not deal with the topic may be games that were already made before the jam, so it is unfair that Those of us who follow the theme and start from the beginning of the jam are less because of other games that did not start it on the day that the theme of the jam occurred ... that's why I think those who did not follow the theme are disqualified , and each uploaded game shows proof that the game belongs to them

(+2)(-2)

I think you are wrong, that's not the spirit when doing a game jam. 

You can do whatever you want, you can follow the theme or not, they are off-theme games in every jam, and that's normal. The goal is to make something that you like in a limited amount of time, it's no big deal if it's not following a theme, people are doing it for fun and to discover new things, meet new people... Chill out and try some of the games, people made them with their heart and their time :) 

Show post...

It is clear that the idea of a jam is to have fun, but where is the idea of waiting for the jam to begin and of its theme if in the end anything can be uploaded, if we ignore that fact it does not make sense for a jam to launch a specific topic to follow.
for some reason you have to wait the day of the start of the jam, to see the theme and thus create the game from the time limit assigned along with the theme, ignoring this, it would be unfair, as I said anyone would upload a game already created since a lot and it would not be fair for those of us who are following the subject. Precisely for this reason they never give a specific topic, to set limits and test the skills of programmers during that limit.

Submitted(+2)

You are right GameJams are all about having fun and challenges but with some money reward like this one, things can get reeeaaallly ugly. Just check the most rated games, one of them is around 1gb and has no data, no SS but has 6 votes already lol........

(2 edits) (+1)

Actually, he is not wrong, he just does the jams with a different purpose than you.

People do jams for the most different reasons, like fun, friends, self challenge, general artistic expression, experience, portfolio, WINNING, prizes, bragging, collaborating, quickstarting products etc.

Submitted(+3)

i agree with arti500 about games being made before the jam started. if a game was made during the game but doesn't fit the theme that's fine, it will be voted down because of that, but it is obviously unfair when a game was made long before the jam about a different theme

My suggestion: Gather material about the cheaters and mail it to the organization.

Submitted

i dont think i cheated