Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Thank you for participating! Sticky

A topic by Yang Pulse created Jun 01, 2020 Views: 529 Replies: 14
Viewing posts 1 to 14
HostSubmitted(+5)

Thank you for participating in the first ever GameDev.tv Community Jam! It has been incredible watching the community come together, form teams, and learn together. I know some teams were unable to submit for various reasons (incompatible work ethics, disagreements over game design, technical issues), but I hope everyone who participated learned something and has become a better developer because of it.

For the next two weeks, the jam will be a hub of ratings and feedback. Please remember not to take any feedback personally! A player's comments and suggestions are an expression of how they felt playing your game, and it is always worth taking their words into account in order to improve your own game design skills moving forward.

Lastly, if there is any entry you are particularly impressed with, I highly encourage you to study the source and even reach out to the developer about how they created the game. We all have different backgrounds and skillsets, so who knows what we can learn from each other. Have fun playing, rating, and learning!

Submitted

How can I see the submisions?

Submitted

https://itch.io/jam/gamedevtv-community-jam/entries :)

Submitted

How do you check out your downloads and reviews?

Submitted

Click the Submissions tab, and there is a checkbox that says “My Submission” that limits the search to your submission.

Submitted

Thanks for running the game jam. Work killed me this month so I didn’t get to work on it as much as I’d have liked to, but I don’t think we did too badly.

Submitted

Thanks for putting on the jam! Can't wait to check out the entries, have already seen a lot of eye-catching titles.

Just wanted to heavily encourage all participants to go play, vote, and give constructive feedback on other participants' games. Everybody appreciates getting feedback and confirmation that their game was actually played. Plus it's a great way to solicit feedback for your own submission!

Yay Thank you so much! I learned so much with this Jam! Because I'm just a new Game Developer! Again Thank You

Submitted

Thank YOU, Yang, for putting this all together. It has been an incredible experience. I've personally learned more than I even thought possible and our little team has more-or-less become family. We've already started talking about putting together another project just so we can keep working together. It has been amazing. Looking forward to the next one! :)

Submitted

Thanks for organizing this awesome game jam! I'm looking forward to participate in other jams.

Submitted

thanks Yang Pulse! Great jam this was!

Submitted (1 edit)

Ok, so let me get this straight: was this jam hosted by yourself, and just endorsed by the GameDev.TV crew? Now I notice the name was "Community Jam"... 

Anyway, my point is (and my question really), will the GameDev.TV people review (some! I don't have expectations they can get through all the games! lol) of the games, rate any etc? Or are we going to just rate each other. Is the jam purely voting based or are there judges like in other jams? It would be nice if the instructors could take a brief look I suppose and offer some insights. For example: what were they impressed by? Do they have any advice to give in terms of, for example, things they saw done wrong so they can refer us back to their courses and say "Hey, we noticed a lot of you had issues/problems with this thing. Remember in our course X we talked about this" etc. Ha ha, I am now realizing as I type all this that this is most definitely too ambitious and I'm maintaining insanely high expectations. But anyway, I thought I'd ask and understand what's going on a bit better.

Regardless though, this was immensely fun, thank you for organizing, I almost didn't participate because I didn't have any ideas (mostly because I was already building a time-travel themed puzzle adventure/rpg!) but I chose a new idea/genre and just went for it in 3 weeks. Absolutely loved it. I'm glad I did it. 

Submitted

Thanks, Yang, for running this jam, it was a wonderful experience and really drove me to understand the end-to-end process of getting a game from start to finish! Hope to see more events like this in the future!

Submitted (1 edit)

Thanks for organising and running the game jam Yang.  I had a great time working on my game and looking at the other entries, and learned a lot into the bargain.  Very much looking forward to next time!

Submitted

Thanks Yang for running the jam. It has been an awesome jam. I enjoyed it because it was a month long unlike other jams which gave me a lot of time to make the game and also it welcomed beginners like me.  Please run another jam like this later.