Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Web Dev Looking to Get Into Game Dev - Team?

A topic by ParkPants created Oct 28, 2023 Views: 192 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 2

Hi all,

I'm a web developer in my day job and trying out game dev on the side. Just started learning Godot today and plan to try to come up with a project for this game jam (on my own if need be). If you are a team that could use another programmer, let me know. I'm really excited to try out new things and absorb as much knowledge as I possibly can. Willing to be involved in any area that needs help as far as coding goes.

Hello there, web dev here too. Have you any experience in coding a game in vanilla javascript?

Ive only got experience in javascript for back-end of websites

Bizzarre, I use it most client-side. Anyway, where you use it doesn't really count: are you proficient with it (or feel like it, I'm not putting up myself as a big expert :) )?

To be clear: I'm looking around in case the theme inspires me, and looking forward to make a pure javascript (plus threejs if 3D) game. So I'm asking just in case here and there

I dont think a strict java game is something im looking for, thanks for reaching out and sorry for the trouble

If you were thinking java, for backend, things are more like it :D

No troblue anyway, good luck with teaming up and jamming

I don't even have (recent) experience in coding anything in vanilla js. Also, since i'm totally new to this, I really wanted to go for something that's completely different to what I'm doing now which is why I'm trying to learn Godot.