Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

FAQ ( Frequently Asked Questions) Sticky

A topic by Lee Reilly created Oct 01, 2021 Views: 8,509 Replies: 88
Viewing posts 23 to 42 of 42Previous pageFirst page
(1 edit)

I have a few ideas that I came up with years ago which would fit the theme well, but which I never actually did any development/prototyping around -- I never even wrote them down. Would it be okay to try and use them in my submission (assuming I make one)?

Jam Host (1 edit)

Of course! :)

(1 edit)

Is it allowed to make a game for this and another game jam at the same time, when it meets the spirit and rules of both game jams?

Jam Host

Absolutely! Just confirm with the other jams that they're OK with that.

Hi, am I allowed to broadcast the development of my submission (on Twitch or YouTube)?

Jam Host (1 edit)

Absolutely and please do! We have lots of folks streaming development every year.

Fig 1: me watching folks build their Game Off games.

Is it ok to start late since November 1st already past?

Jam Host (1 edit)

Of course! Never too late to join the Game Off :)

Can I use clickteam fusion as my game engine of choice

Jam Host

Yes :)

Submitted

Are gdevelop source codes allowed?

Jam Host

Yes :)

Can I develop the game in  VR?

Jam Host

Hi there - yes you can! That might limit the number of people that get to play/judge it though.

Can i work on two teams?

Jam Host

Absolutely.

Deleted post
Submitted

Hello i was wondering are we allow to use this A* Pathfinding Project for our project?

Jam Host

Hi - I think that's fair game. I would just note that as a dependency / requirement on the GitHub / itch.io page.

Submitted

Hi, is it fine to use a private repo when working on the game, and create the public repo with code/assets I am able to share after I finish the game?  Thank you!

Jam Host(+1)

Hi - that's perfectly fine.

Submitted

Hello, Asking a few questions to help me get started in my first game jam.

I'm using Unity, so creating a github repo with the root project directory would be fine, right?

Now, on the create new project page on itch.io, I have a field called Project URL, where  I guess, the github repo URL is to be pasted...

Windows Build of the Game should be uploaded to the releases page of Github repo (and linked of course in the itch.io project description), right?

I also see a section called Uploads on the itch.io new project page, what should I do there, upload the build there too or leave it empty (if allowed). There is also a link there saying Add External File: You provide a link to the file and we'll keep track of how many times it's been downloaded. Should I paste the link of the .exe file on the github releases page??

Second thing, top of the create new project page says: You don't have payment configured If you set a minimum price above 0 no one wIill be able to download your project. Is configuring payments necessary?

Thanks and good luck.

Jam Host

I'm using Unity, so creating a github repo with the root project directory would be fine, right?

Correct

> Windows Build of the Game should be uploaded to the releases page of Github repo (and linked of course in the itch.io project description), right?

The release(s) should definitely be uploaded to itch.io. No need to cut a release on the GitHub repo itself, but I think that's a good idea 馃憤馃徎

> I also see a section called Uploads on the itch.io new project page, what should I do there, upload the build there too or leave it empty (if allowed). 

That's where you'll attach the game executables / downloads. This game is a good example: https://zaphyk.itch.io/neon-skylines.

Second thing, top of the create new project page says: You don't have payment configured If you set a minimum price above 0 no one wIill be able to download your project. Is configuring payments necessary?

Nope - not necessary.

hi, can you remove the game 'spider boi' off the thingo... it wont open the itch page at all. So i have created a new page to submit. Please

Submitted

Can I submit 2 games?

Jam Host

Absolutely! :)

Submitted (2 edits)

Hello there,

Is it possible to submit our game and continue working and submitting new versions before the deadline?

Thanks

Jam Host

Hi there - that's perfectly fine. 

Submitted

I just wanted to know that is it necessary to upload the code on GitHub repo?

As my code isn't clean enough, so is it still necessary?

Jam Host

Hi there - yeah, that's one of the requirements for a valid entry. Nobody's judging your code quality so don't worry about that :)

Submitted

Are we allowed to update the game page information /  upload a web version after submission or is this not allowed? my web gl  export is playing up

Jam Host

That's fine - I'd recommend just making a note of it on the game page.

Submitted (1 edit)

Hello! Can I push a bug fix for a bug I just introduced before the submission? I changed a layer, and now I cant shoot past it which breaks the game? I have the fix done and pushed a special commit to my github with a label for submitting after the deadline. If I make note in my submission page, can I push it?

Jam Host

That sounds fair 馃憤馃徎

Submitted

Sweet! Thanks dude!

Submitted

Hello there!

We鈥檝e just got the application we鈥檝e made for the jam approved on the Apple Store.

Is it possible to update the page description to add the link?

Jam Host

Oh nice! Yeah, you can update the game description anytime 馃憤馃徎

Submitted

Awesome, I just did, thank you!

It鈥檚 also currently in review in the Play Store, but I鈥檒l add the link if it gets accepted!

Submitted

Can we add new platform version of the game after the submission period or there are aftermath/penality?

Submitted

Sure, you can new builds or version updates after submission too. I uploaded webGL build and windows build version updates recently.

Viewing posts 23 to 42 of 42Previous pageFirst page