Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Next Jam

A topic by IBwWG created Apr 29, 2017 Views: 132 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Host

I'm wondering if anybody here would be up for another such jam, say, next month, with a new image.

Another idea I had was: make a game from provided sound effects--all clips must be used at least once somewhere in the game. Whether you liked #GameFromAnImage or not, would you be interested in a #GameFromSFX jam?

For future jams I just wanted to respond to something SpectralStar wrote:

"Not much of a plot, but five hours is NO TIME AT ALL!!!"

This is true. Although, given that there's a one-hour game jam, in some senses there's lots of time. ;) (But I have to admit, this is a fairly difficult jam.)

In future #GameFromAnImage or #GameFromSFX jams, I could make two limits, a la Ludum Dare: a 5-hour one and a 29-hour one. That leaves a brief option for those drawn to that, and one with an overnight for those who want more time (and to include folks in more time zones more easily.) What do you all think of this idea?

Submitted

I'd prefer it kept short and focused. Have another jam running in the background with four weeks of development time, and it's starting to feel like a real project which is not really what a game jam is supposed to be in my mind. Stick with the five hour limit, even if it doesn't work for some time zones.