Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Strasbourg-Fishers reporting !

A topic by Robin ♥ created Oct 26, 2016 Views: 347 Replies: 6
Viewing posts 1 to 4

Hi everybody !
Just a quick post to say they are (at least) 4 french peoples in Strasbourg doing this game-jam.
For now, we have three ingoing project ! A card game, a board game, and a vidéo game ! (most of us are attracted by printing, paper, and so on. Normally, we will release things in "print it yourself pdfs..." : )

The card game is the one i'm making, so i can talk about it a little :
It will be a 3-5 players game, and a little twist on the famous memory-game (return a matching pair to gain it).
But with more competition, strategy, tension, drama !!!... (or maybe not. future-tests might change everything : D)
Only one thing is for sure : you will be able to wrestle some fishs-things WITH YOUR BARE HANDS !!!https://67.media.tumblr.com/da5c1911a3784ecfedfc462da32b152d/tumblr_inline_ofnquhoVPy1u3u40x_540.jpg
See you soon ♥ !

Submitted

I'm also entering a card game, so I'm looking forward to seeing yours, too!

Excited about this :)

Version 1 fishnished ! (huhuhu)
https://robin-poma.itch.io/pond-of-the-unfishingab...
It's called "pond of the unfinshingable", and it's like a memory BUT :

- different fishes have different values,
- each turn, the active player use one of four possibles items
- some items costs points, other cost nothing.
- the game end in 8 turns
- each player have the same 12 cards starting-deck, but at the end 4 of them won't be used.
- let's be honest : there's a lot of some luck, and some of a lot of strategy and carefull timing. Just like real fishing !
So you can say it's a pretty accurate fishing-simulation... : D

Trigger warning : might contain some roughly translated english. Sorry for that : ).
Enjoy !

Submitted

Congrats on finishing! The game art is very cute ^_^ I did have a question about the rules, though: Do players always flip two cards and then use an item, or can they use an item and then do the free two card flip? Also, must players use an item each turn? Or can the discard or keep unused cards?

Thanks ^^.
Each player must play a card on each turn (because cards are like a time-counter for this game). And all they are allowed to do is written on the item they use (this way, it allow specials actions where the player can't flip any-cards for a turn). But most of the items alow to flip 2 or more cards anyway (the "vanilla" ones allow only that and cost nothing).

Submitted

Thanks for the clarification! Also, let me know if you'd like a copy edit pass on the cards so you can remove the trigger warning — though they were relatively easy to understand ^_^