Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

So, what ARE you finishing?

A topic by Dice Problems created Nov 01, 2021 Views: 1,293 Replies: 48
Viewing posts 1 to 20 of 33 · Next page · Last page
(+6)

Tell the group how cool what you're working is, so we can encourage you and get excited! (Then you can guilt trip yourself into actually working, because now people know you said you would. It's a foolproof plan that always works out for me!)

I have two backburnered projects from the summer I'd like to finally get somewhere with. Hopefully I will get at least one done!

Mobiliize was supposed to be finished for LUMEN Jam before my life exploded. It's a LUMEN-based game where you play a team of pilots that compete in giant animal robot fightsports. (Is it Zoids? It's Zoids. I'll just admit it's basically Zoids.)

The other is a project that was inspired by Carta Jam and very quickly spiraled very wildly out of control into its own thing: Monster Battle League is a solo game where you use a deck of cards to simulate training your pet monster to win the monster battle championships, one season at a time. (...It's Monster Rancher.)

(+5)

I'm working on a game I've started and stopped development on a few times which is tentatively called VISIONS: New World Rising. It's basically Yu-Gi-Oh the RPG, and combat in the game is handled through the use of a card game that's designed for an uneven number of combatants on both sides, to allow either 1v1 matches or the entire party to fight together as a team. The game also has support for custom card creation by players, with players being able to point-buy abilities for their ace card and create cards unique to them, and effectively allows you to play through a card game anime.

Both of your ideas sound super cool and I cannot wait to see one or both of them!

That sounds legendary bro custom cards would be so cool if you could import them that would be even cooler

(+5)

I'm leaning toward working on "Back on the Flail Snail Farm", a laid-back pastoral game about raising giant snails like cattle. It'll have some deckbuilding elements and a focus on people's emotional states. We'll see how well that works out.

I might make something else weird instead, though, Who knows.

Increasingly feeling like I'll finish designing the game, but never write it up and release it. I'll still finish it, but that doesn't mean publishing it.

(+3)

This is my first tabletop game, and I have had a few ideas. I'm going to make it super simple, with only three stats: people skills, fighting skills, and traversing skills. Each of these have three attributes: base stat (determines dice to roll), modifier (how much to add or subtract from dice roll) and resistance (how much to subtract from an opposing dice roll).

Talking to people, moving over tough terrain, and attacking an enemy will all work on the same system.

There's a bunch of other stuff I've thought of and started writing down too :)

Submitted (1 edit) (+3)

I was working on (just finished and submitted) a sequel to my game from last year - Pew Pew: Bounty Hunters in Space- a game about sci-fi bounty hunters based on Grant Howitt's Havoc Brigade.  Just completed and turned in Pew Pew: A Complicated Profession. Layout is rough - but at least it's done. 

Submitted(+4)

Kinda hard to explain but a TTRPG about people waking up with no memory in a building that is 1004 floors high, and discovering about themselves while fighting their inner demons and coping mechanisms in a physical manifestations...

oddly specific things are really interesting good luck friend

Submitted(+3)

There's a solo rpg named T-Def that's really caught my interest, so I'm going to either hack it into a dungeon crawler or finish a supplemental monster manual of sorts. Or that's the plan at least haha.

Submitted (1 edit) (+2)

I'm going to collect some notes, compile and post a pdf of a super simple system I used playing some oneshots with friends who never roleplayed before. It's old school (d6 only) rpg without classes and a dark 1800-1850 sort of horror setting in a creepy world between weird west and a dark industrial revolution world. Combat is quite lethal but chargen is very fast, comes with about 4 pages of rules and equipment, and all the rest will be scenarios/setting/adventures.

Submitted(+3)

I'm working on a solo Journaling game called Wail. Its sort of a spiritual successor to my Last RPG Jam entry from last year The Singing Sands

No stats or classes, you define a characters history (or roll one) which influences their starting items or Keywords/Skills. Then during encounters or actions your Items/Equipment and Keywords positively affect your pool of d6s, while Injuries or negative Keywords reduce or hinder your pool. While playing you build a hex map, gather allies to your base which can assist you and explore the locations.  Really happy with the map making at the moment and now I'm onto defining the tables for exploration and encounters. 

as long as your happy that's good can't wait for it to be finished :)

Submitted(+1)

I'm making a solo RPG that helps you create magic items! Super excited to finish :)))

(+1)

I'm working on a collaborative survival horror rpg where you play as those weird haunted children with dark powers that you see in horror movies. The final product probably isn't gonna be anything special graphically, but the post-jam 1E release will be horrific, in the best sense of the word! Get ready to shapeshift into a man-eating flesh monster, because the abyss is awakening!

Submitted (2 edits) (+1)

go for zany, i think we need more fun ttrpgs.

(1 edit) (+1)

I'm hoping to finally draft my white whale project - a gmless, episodic dystopian rock opera heist game about violent teens trying to stay sane and find community in a world engineered to keep everyone isolated and exhausted.

(+1)

My thing is a WoTC 5e-compatible thing; "Old Smoke" is a contemporary London-based project I'm working on, where players navigate an arcane, alternate-history version of the English capital:

Old Smoke Title Art

Centuries-old criminal institutions, secret societies maintaining magical balance, randomised magical effects, and a big, wobbly hole in reality that London itself is scared of called "The Noose". Hooray!

There's also a random encounter generator, and a lore based on my own born-Londoner knowledge, meaning looking up any of the events or names in Old Smoke's history will turn up results that could be a cover-up of what Old Smoke suggests took place. So there's that. :D

Tempest is a high-powered swords-and-sorcery adventure game about fighting for survival in a world that is threatening to unravel at the seams. Here is an excerpt from the rulebook designed to give players a sense of the theme and setting. It's not exhaustive by any means, but it should serve well enough as a basic introduction.

Submitted

Ok, it's funny, but I thought I had already joined this jam and then I went to jams and noticed I hadn't joined the jam (I saw it all the time so I just assumed I had joined it). Y'all, this has been six months of my life put into one game. Currently in its Itchfunding Edition,  Medusa's Marauders M.C. (Mx3) is about spellslinging biker dykes riding forgotten highways to fend off the ever encroaching Forces of Hell. You can play the quickstart sample play for free.  Thanks for this jam. It was one of things that helped me keep going.

Submitted (2 edits)

Earlier I participated in the excellent One-Page RPG Jam 2021, the second instance of what I hope will become a yearly tradition:

Magician & Wishmaker

I used the front and back of the page to create separate player & GM handbooks, a core focus of the game is the dynamic between the two. The GM plays as a small magical companion animal (see: anime) who secretly has nefarious intent and drags a group of teenagers into dangerous magical adventures (see: Madoka).

I'm really happy with the system as it stands now, but in creating the first playtest material it became all-the-more obvious how much upfront work is required for a new GM to gain familiarity and build content for the system. For this game to feel truly "finished" I need to clean up, formalize, and release my system errata and starter module, which is what I'm trying to do by year-end for my entry to this jam.

Hi y'all! I was thinking about what to work on for this jam and then... I remembered an RPG project I had waiting for years!!!

So I'm working on Pogüemon (pronounced powemon, I think), a TTRPG about capturing monsters in balls, training them and use them for battle. The project was envisioned first by my little brother almost 20 years ago. Back then, we (my brother, a friend and I) worked on it but it was very clumsy as we had a poor knowledge about RPGs.

Now, the original trio team up to put together a bunch of old ideas into a fun & fast-paced battle system, an easy up-to-lvl-100 system for the pogüemon (the monsters), a character system where the player means something more than their creatures and a quirky and goofy world where you can have fun adventures. Also, we have to work on a large Pogüedex in order to offer a good range of pogüemon to find, catch and train. 

SHOULDA CATCH 'EM ALL!

PS: we're from Spain so I'm not sure we're gonna be able to publish in English on time for the Jam. So maybe undust your Spanish dictionaries!

Submitted(+2)

Hello there, thanks for hosting the jam and providing a bit of motivation  for me to complete my personal RPG project.

I've recently got back into RPGs during the lockdown period and reconnected with a few friends and family who last gamed together almost 30 years ago. I started developing my take on the 'classic fantasy genre' as a way of getting a system and game up and running quickly for our group.

18 months later it has turned into a behemoth with no end in sight and so I'm using this 'jam' as motivation to get something into a publishable state.

Good luck everyone.

Submitted

Good luck taming that behemoth!

Hello! :)

I had an idea for a story 2 years ago in this story the main characters brother gets kidnapped.

The main characters name is Chalfon.

In this world some people get these powers through mutated genes.

The main characters grandma trains Chalfon with his ability to go investigate his brothers kidnaping.

The police in this world go by G.M.O (genetically modified organization) they have powers of their own.

The reason this case wasn't investigated was because it was done by someone inside G.M.O.

Chalfons ability switches things without limits other than his mind.

His goal is to find his brother.

This story will have mini fights in the form of cutscenes or puzzles and plenty of twists will we present.

If you want to see updates over time, check it out here 

thanks for the support and good luck with your project :)
Submitted

so you know this game jam is for TTRPG's right?

I did not actually see this and I shall pretend I didn’t I just need to finish my damn RPG(I’ll post it elsewhere when done)

Viewing posts 1 to 20 of 33 · Next page · Last page