Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Share Your Progress! Sticky

A topic by Second Dimension Games created Dec 05, 2018 Views: 2,212 Replies: 69
Viewing posts 1 to 20 of 22 · Next page · Last page
HostSubmitted

This is a sticky thread to share your progress throughout the jam.  You can also use the hashtag #FFSjam on Twitter, or share in the Progress channel of the jam Discord (invite link is HERE).
Feel free to post screenshots and videos of your progress once you get going, or even post what you have now as a starting point.
If you're not sure how to host music, videos or images then you best bets are probably:
 YouTube for videos, Imgur for pictures and SoundCloud for audio.

(+1)

can you check my project and say  if i can submit in it? https://just-for-fun.itch.io/hunt-them

HostSubmitted (1 edit)

Hi, as you are still updating it and made changes as recently as yesterday then I would say this is fine.  Maybe you could also use the jam as motivation to add some new features?  Good luck with the game!

(+1)

thank you for all your kindness

Deleted 5 years ago
HostSubmitted(+1)

You can finish this!  I quite like your art style, especially the image with the boat and the bridge.  Although I will say that the first image gives me strong  flashbacks to when my daughter was born...

Submitted(+1)

lol

(+1)

lol, that's the idea! 

Submitted (1 edit) (+4)

Last year was really fun and I'm looking forward to playing everyone's submissions!

Some screenshots from my game so far:

EDIT: Finally finished! https://adambkehl.itch.io/penumbra

HostSubmitted(+1)

Oooh, looking pretty atmospheric there

Submitted(+1)

Can i submit my game that was already finished from last month?

HostSubmitted

Hi, I'm not too strict on the rules if games were done a few weeks ago, so you can enter if you want.  You have a whole month though, so you could always use the jam as motivation to add features or improvements to your existing game.

Submitted(+1)

Well then, here goes nothin'

Submitted(+1)

I set up most of the basics for a new PuzzleScript game a couple years ago but put it aside after making just a few puzzles. This jam is just the motivation I need to make a few more levels and put it out into the world.

Submitted(+1)

I've got 10 simple puzzles so far. Thinking I'll add at least a couple more. Not sure if I want to add any new mechanics.

I've got my test file  posted here and will be updating occasionally before posting to my itch.io account and submitting.

https://www.puzzlescript.net/play.html?p=66a3fe32cd0c02188b502043c78f9899

Submitted(+1)

the game was okay and i dont have any other comment

HostSubmitted

I played through all 10 of the levels and enjoyed the puzzles

Submitted(+1)

Thanks for the feedback!

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

I had my own goal of finally finishing a game, unfortunately I aimed to finish it before the new year... Fortunately I wasn't able to, as I still miss a few tweaks (and all the sound) and therefore I can  put it in this jam :D

It's a simple shooter where you go straight for the boss. A big dragon with big guns: the Dragun! 

I really wanted to finish this one as it was the first time I made any graphics for a game myself and most of them were already there to use after I couldn't make it in time for the Jam that it was for.  Despite the small numbers of pixel I used for my sprites, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out ^^

HostSubmitted(+1)

A dragon holding guns is the most videogame thing I've seen today, good work

Submitted

The game is now finished and available. :)

Anyone can try to take on the mighty DraGun!

https://weakest-imp.itch.io/trial-of-the-dragun

Submitted(+2)

I started DJ Adam's Interdimensional Mixtape 2020 early last year in my free time. It's the first game I've ever really tried to make. I've been learning everything from Unity to coding to pixel art on my own. I'm pretty happy with my progress but I want to at least get this to some sort of prototype phase. 2019 I'm looking to grow as a developer and work on more projects! Anyway, here's some pics of the game so far... 

Submitted(+1)

I'm getting some strong Earthbound vibes from the artwork! Looks interesting :)

Submitted(+2)

Thanks! I'd definitely say the main inspirations for this game are A Link to the Past, Earthbound, and Jet Set Radio. In the future, after I get better or meet artists, I'd love to come back to this and recreate it in a way that matches more of what I see in my head. But for now, I'm digging how it's coming together considering my limited skills

HostSubmitted

I'm definitely intrigued by this, as it's about a DJ is there going to be any audio-based gameplay?

Submitted(+1)

In it's current state, the game switches audio tracks when you switch to different dimensions. I also might try to add in hidden mixtapes so players can just have different tracks to listen to. I have bigger ideas that would incorporate DJing into the gameplay like "mixing" elements of a level together, or "scratching" to shake and effect the world in some way, but I'm trying to keep things as simple as possible for now while I'm still so new to game development. The goal is to get this prototype up for the Jam, work on new projects, and come back to this in a couple years with more skills at my disposal.

Submitted(+1)

(Hello there.)

(A while back, I made a demo for a game that I was supposed to finish in two weeks, but I overstepped my boundaries and ended up leaving everything on a cliffhanger, with little interest in finishing it. You know, like a jerk.)

(The game itself is... not the greatest, but I can't let it go because it went unfinished. So I'm returning to get this thing out of my head so I can work on other projects in good faith. It's called "The Academy"-- an adventure/puzzle game made in RPG Maker MV, staring a young girl attempting to escape an oppressive school in the aftermath of an apocalypse.)

(I'll update weekly on what I'm adding/doing. At the moment, the outline is finished, the puzzle templates are made, and I've converted the old maps to tilesets in hopes that the game will run faster-- apparently, RPGM MV doesn't do well with parallax. When I have new screenshots to show off, I'll be sure to add them here.)

(Thank you for reading. Good luck with your projects, everyone!)

HostSubmitted

I like the sound of the girl trying to escape an oppressive school, could be an interesting storyline

Submitted(+1)

(Well, it's less "school" as much as it is "a bunch of weirdos roleplaying school during a plague outbreak," but I'm glad you think it has promise. I'm a little worried it will turn out poorly, but I would much rather finish it and rewrite the ending in a later update than have it sit in my project folders and haunt me with its incompleteness.  Anyway, thanks for the compliment!)

Submitted

(Well, I finished. I think I ruined my hand in the process, but at least I'm done. Check it out here: https://strung-up-starlight.itch.io/the-academy-window-of-opportunity )

Submitted(+2)

Happy new year, everyone!

Dropping in here to share the game project I'll be finishing for this jam. The game is called Blank Bit, and it's a challenging hybrid of platformer and card game mechanics. I started making it for GitHub's 2018 Game Off game jam, where it was named a "Staff Pick" among 300+ entries. I'm super happy with the basics of its design, but I definitely know it could be improved and polished in many ways. Really looking forward to getting all that done this month!

(+3)

That's a really cool artstyle!

HostSubmitted(+2)

Just played the current build, when you see the game moving it looks really great.  It's a great concept, although I did find it really difficult from the start

Submitted(+2)

Thanks a bunch! The major focus of this finished version will be smoothing out the difficulty while also gradually ramping it up as you go. I think an intro/tutorial section to start with will go a long way.

Submitted(+1)

My prototype for Blank Bit is officially finished! I can't say how happy I am to have made it this far in development, and I really couldn't have done it with the motivation this awesome game jam gave me.

Big thanks to the organizers, and I can't wait to check out everyone's games!

HostSubmitted(+1)

Thanks, really glad the jam helped you out.  Looking forward to playing the final version this week!

Submitted

It absolutely did! I plan to keep joining this jam in the future :)

Submitted(+2)

This is actually going to be Asperity Games' first ever distributed game! Been making games on and off since 2013 as a single individual, and this game is actually the first concept I had before scrapping it in 2014. The game is called Delve and its a roguelike, souls-lite dungeon crawler. The gameplay consists of slaying monsters, looting chests, and delving ever deeper into the dungeon while keeping the darkness at bay. Anyone interested can keep up with our  development blog on my website, Asperity Games, where I'll be posting regular updates on the progress of the game. Programming this game has been a blast and the game jam has given me a lot of inspiration to finish it. It's written in MonoGame C# and should run on anything Windows Vista and newer.

Submitted(+1)

This sounds really interesting! I'm looking forward to keeping up with your dev progress. Have you heard of or played the recently released dungeon crawler BELOW? Your description reminds me a bit of that, especially the part about "keeping the darkness at bay". Could be worth taking a look if you haven't already. Good luck!

Submitted(+2)

I personally have not, but I'll totally look into it! If you want to keep up with my development progress, our website's where I will be spamming updates with descriptions of what is getting done, screenshots of the work in progress, and general information on gameplay as it's updated! You can also like our Facebook page, but the website's where the majority of updates will be.

Submitted(+1)

Will definitely keep an eye out for your updates :)

Submitted(+2)

Its uploaded now :) try it out if you'd like

Submitted(+1)

It's a good start, for sure. The character creator is robust and the controls are intuitive. Looking forward to see how you develop the dungeons more.

HostSubmitted

Delving deeper into the darkness is always an intriguing core concept. Especially if things start to get super weird the deeper you go...

(1 edit) (+1)

I'm looking for game testers! Over the last couple of days I've polished up a space shoot-em-up that I started working on almost a year ago. The only way to set a good difficulty curve for this kind of game is to have it play tested, so I'd really appreciate it if a few people would play it and answer some questions.

I can't pay anyone, but I can promise to play test your game in return!

https://kaia-sequillion.itch.io/test-my-shmup-plz

Submitted(+1)

the game is an okay. the only thing you need is powerup : triple shoot, invincibility, machine gun, or something you can imagine it

oh and it needs audio too

HostSubmitted

I like that the movement is the primary obstacle, as that is a bit different.  Although the fact you can't move diagonally seems a step too far maybe (Not sure if that is an intentional design decision?)
It would benefit from a lot more feedback across the board, I think feedback would be useful when you fire, when a bullet hits, when you move/accelerate, when you crash into an asteroid, when you get close the part of the sun that kills you, when you get close to an enemy and when you are destroyed.  There are load of options for feedback like that, so some kind of new animation, an explosion sprite, some particle effects, the sprite flashing, a slight change in movement, a brief slo-mo or some good old-fashioned screenshake.

Submitted(+1)

Uploaded the v0.9 update for my CastleBreak. Hoping to finish it with FFSJam. Lots of work made, but still a lot of polish to do :)

HostSubmitted

I played this for quite a while, it's a fun idea.  Not sure how much more you're going to polish it, but I feel like a bit more feedback would be good on what the pickups do maybe?  Also the game completely took over my mouse and I couldn't do anything on my PC

Submitted(+1)

Thanks for feedback! Yes, I want to make something like tutorial. Also, more level design and sound design work. As for mouse control, I don't know how to fix it, except that mouse is released in pause menu (in this version press Space bar, any key in next updates).

Submitted(+1)

Updated to 0.92 - Made tutorial, powershield, pause menu, some sound design and lots of lesser stuff.

Submitted

Updated to 0.93:

• When player picks up the bonus, there're no more boring numbers. Now bonus points are flying out and chasing the player :)
  • More sound design (added voices, finally)
  • Better-looking fullscreen mode
  • Experimenting with steam API
Submitted

Uploaded 0.94 -the last version made in FFSJam time scale.

Made a lot, but still got a lot of polish to do. Hopefully, I'll finish it all till Feb 18th, because that's my release date in Steam :)

(+2)

I'm redoing my first game published on itch ( LARS ) . I'm turning it into more of a point and click meets visual novel graphic adventure, with additional and refined story, environments. and animations. Inspired by a lot of old dos point and click games. I've got a lot of work to do, the original game is a mess, and I'm hoping the jam will motivate me to finish the project.

HostSubmitted

I tried the first few screens of the current version, and the audio/visual combination generates a cool atmosphere.  It's a good basis for an interesting point and click game.

Submitted(+2)

I love the look of this

(+1)

This is a project I've had for nearly a decade. I started over a year or two ago to more easily implement some features I want but I'm still not yet caught up to the previous version. Hopefully I can do plenty of progress in this jam. It's gonna be a fast paced action game but currently I'm testing this character's teleport dodge. https://twitter.com/AdmiralSkye/status/1081729226448007168

HostSubmitted

I genuinely love a good teleport dodge!

Submitted(+1)

(Agreed; teleport dodges are the best. It looks great so far!)

(+1)

I added jumping, time slow fields, and dynamic gravity. https://twitter.com/AdmiralSkye/status/1084154297674354690

(+1)

I wasn't able to make as much as I wanted for this Game Jam, but I'm satisfied with what I was able to make. A basic attack combo with giant energy fists https://twitter.com/AdmiralSkye/status/1090342005622956039

(+2)

We're working on an unofficial multiplayer modification for Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven. Our project is similar to what SAMP/MTA stands for for GTA San Andreas. To bring multiplayer functionality with a lot of freedom for the modders to develop cool gamemodes.

We're finally nearing our first release and I'd be happy to share how the multiplayer looks like so far:

This project involves a lot of reverse engineering in the process as well as figuring out how the sync should ideally work, especially under heavier load. There are several libraries involved. For the server sync, we use our in-house C networking library librg, which uses our custom fork of ENet, that was updated and cleaned up to the modern standards. We also ulilize the CEF library on the client-side, to present the GUI side. Our server backends for serverlist or various services involved make use of the Go language.

Submitted(+1)

Man I was such a big fan of SAMP, I spent a couple hundred hours on some of the servers on that game. There were some RP servers that had like full gangs, businesses run by those gangs, and entire economies. It was pretty cool. You could buy businesses like car dealerships or gun stores and passively make money whenever other players bought stuff from your store.

Hope this works out nicely for you guys :)

Submitted(+1)

check out my games : http://dijam.itch.io/

Submitted(+1)

Here's my (WIP) game: https://requios.itch.io/car-park-game

I started working on it in August of 2017. Back then I made bezier roads, the driving physics and the car lighting. After about a month of development I put it on hold, but with the thought of eventually going back to it. Now that I have completed my study it is time to finally finish it.  

This month I've added 8 more levels, made trailers work, added different car types and added collision detection.

Car Park Game

Submitted

I updated the game with collisions that work properly, main menu and level select, a damage system and redesigned the majority of the levels.

Submitted(+1)

Fail to Win is up to three stages, or about 20-30 minutes of unique challenges and puzzles. We'll keep making updates before uploading it to itch, but we'd love to get some people testing it soon. We started a discord for updates and feedback, and it includes a download link for the latest build of the game. Please check it out: https://discord.gg/VTn38aw

(+1)

hiiii. this is my first jam and i am making my first computer game! i am 1/3 done. still learning. excited to be a part of this!

Submitted

Welcome, and congrats on undertaking your first game!

Viewing posts 1 to 20 of 22 · Next page · Last page