Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

A few questions about the jam

A topic by Friendly Mimic Games created Apr 14, 2022 Views: 77 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 4

1. Do we have to keep the game to a 160×144 pixel resolution like the original Game Boy?

2. Can we create a border/frame around the game that uses a different color than the palette? (ex: a parody of the Game Boy device, so it looks like you're playing one)

3. Should we make a post here once we have something to show? Like regular dev logs/updates?

Thanks for hosting this by the way! It's just what I needed to get my motivation going after my previous computer had a melt-down. I'm excited to try my hand at this!

Host(+1)

1. No, you should not have that particular resolution. But it is important not to go overboard and maintain the aspect ratio of the console.
2.If you can put a frame around it like when you play gb in pokemon stadium for example.  
3. I want to follow the games that are presented to the jam, see and support their development.  
I always believed that these proposals develop very creative ideas and are very fun. GL HF.
Submitted (1 edit)

uhm we submitted our game with the original gameboy resolution... oopsie... i hope that isn't a problem