Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

About the language

A topic by Deybis Melendez created Sep 09, 2018 Views: 350 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Submitted

Hi, this is the first time that I join a game jam, and I would like to know if it is mandatory to create the game in English, since my mother tongue is Spanish. Translated with Google Translate.

Hola, esta es la primera vez que me uno a un game jam, y me gustaria saber si es obligatorio crear el juego en idioma inglés, ya que mi lengua materna es el español. Traducido con Google Traductor.

I'm not sure if it's a mandatory thing, but using Google to translate should be fine, maybe just let people know in the description of  of your game if that's what has been done.:)

No estoy seguro de si es algo obligatorio, pero usar Google para traducir debería estar bien, tal vez solo deje que la gente lo sepa en la descripción de su juego si eso es lo que se ha hecho. :)

HostSubmitted (1 edit)

no es necesario a usar ingles.

el jeugo puede usar alguna idioma que te gusta.

It is not necessary to use English.

The game can use any language that you like.

Translating a game with  “google translate” is a bad idea.

Games often use single words in the menu or user interface. Google can not correctly translate single words, since the context is missing.

Translating from an unknown language is easier than translating into an unknown language.

If you prepare language support and open source your game, others can add that later.

Translating a game with  “google translate” is a bad idea.

It's certainly not ideal, but if it's a choice between some "what... oh, haha, that's not quite right" moments and "oh, I can't even begin to read that; on to the next game," the compromise seems pretty good.

If you prepare language support and open source your game, others can add that later.

Are you seriously suggesting this as advice for a game jam?