Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Confusing on the rules. Do I need to use core for the prizes?

A topic by arrowmaster1252 created Aug 18, 2020 Views: 343 Replies: 9
Viewing posts 1 to 4

In the overview tab at the bottom it says extra multiplayer. It also says that as all games made with core can instantly be multiplayer, so they are included in this category. Does that mean that if I make a online game without core I'm still allowed to compete in the prizes for the jam?

Submitted(+1)(-2)

Nope u can make any games. But core is just sponsor

(-1)

I'm pretty sure any game with multiplayer counts, but Core just has an easy way to implement it.

Does multiplayer include offline or only online?

Like local multiplayer, and online multiplayer?

(+1)

Yes

thanks!

Host(+5)

We noticed that there were some questions around the core category so we edited the page to try and clarify as well as add new information. 

The prizes provided by Core are exclusively for Core games, so in order to qualify for their prizes you would have to make a multiplayer game in Core. However the challenges are 100% optional. You can still participate in the jam without using Core, and your game may still feature in our after jam video, so long as it's based on the jam theme.

Hope that helps answer your question! - A

(1 edit) (+1)

Oh, thank you! It would be funny if someone without core got the prizes.

(+1)

thank you! I think I am still going to do some of the non core challenges.  I’m planning to make a card game and I’m planning for a few of the cards to be historical characters to match the second challenge