SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

The Mysterious Death of Anna Gomide new OS releases

A topic by luanmm created Aug 20, 2022 Views: 98 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted

Hey guys!

First of all, congratulations to everyone, you all did amazing games!

Second, I've released versions of my game for MacOS and Linux. 

I'm sorry that I did not submitted these versions in time and few of you could play it... 

If you are willing to give it another chance, please let me know about your feedbacks, they are much appreciated :)

Submitted

Hi,

It works fine for me on Linux when I launch it from command line.

If I try to launch it from desktop, nothing happens. It seems the game fails to open a terminal to be played in. The title screen can then be found deep down in syslog, followed by “Unhandled exception. System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot read keys when either application does not have a console or when console input has been redirected. Try Console.Read.”

Submitted

Hi,

Thanks for trying it on linux. I have no familiarity with the OS, but if it works from command line, I'll add that to the download instructions :)

Submitted

Hi, I can't get this to open on the Mac. I tried via the terminal but I don't know how to execute it. When I open it by double clicking it, it opens in TextEdit. It shows as a document, instead of an application

Submitted (2 edits)

Hi, thanks for trying to run it in a Mac.

That is very strange: I copied the file from my windows (where I compiled it) to my mac using a flash drive and it worked fine.

Then, I uploaded the file to itch.io, and when I download it, it does not work anymore, as it does not work for you...

It seems to be some problem with the uploading to itch.io or the downloading steps...

I'll try to solve it (somehow), but thanks again for pointing the bug for me (and sorry for the inconvenience)!

Submitted(+1)

I also have problems with Dangerous Skies with the Mac version once it has been uploaded to itch.io (well, uploaded to any site actually). If you look at the Dangerous Skies page you'll see that I give instruction on how to run it on the Mac (https://kevincross.itch.io/dangerous-skies). I didn't think of trying the same fix with your game because your game is showing as a document rather than an application, but I'll test it out later after work to see if it helps