Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

It's agains the rules to update the game now the time runs out?

A topic by EVANZ created Nov 02, 2020 Views: 488 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Submitted

I see soo much people updateing his proyects here... is this ok? I would like to update mine as well...

Submitted

Generally if you update your game, it will be automatically removed from the jam. This prevents people from submitting an incomplete project and then fixing it after the contest is over but before judging is done.

Submitted

For transparecy's sake, I did update my game after submission deadline. I uploaded that as a separate build and that's also when I added the browser playable version. The original executable is still there, though, and I put the disclaimer on the game's page as well.
I didn't mean to cheat or anything, but if this disqualifies me then fine. I just had fun working on it and wanted to add a couple of things that I had to cut before the deadline, mostly UI polishing touches and bug fixes. Otherwise, the game is largely the same and again, the original version is there if anyone want's to check it out. 

Submitted

also, they may be updating their project pages?  I have done that multiple times for typos and such... not usre if thats what your on about? if they're updating actual project files, I wouldn't.