SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

[Devlog for devtober] Unstable Vampire, A typing infinite runner

A topic by ronynn created Oct 04, 2021 Views: 64
Viewing posts 1 to 1
Submitted

My 4KB ludum dare game is an Infinite Runner with typing mechanics

Type: Unstable Vampire is my entry to ludum dare 49. I am participating in compo despite the harsher criticisms it might bring, as the option in the forms always suggest. But so far I have only seen constructive suggestions on the site, hence I confidently present to you this  4KB typing game.

With the theme being unstable I wanted to go the route of horror and running from someone unstable but also wanted it to be lighthearted and fun, hence the backstory you see here came into being. Ludum dare gives a great oppurtunity to learn time management and learn from other's works and this game is a result of that. I have probably spent hours checking out the posts everyone is making there.

I'm further interested in introducing humour elements to the game, a background into who the player character is and why they decided to befriend a vampire could be an epic story. Ofcourse the description itself consists as a supplementary material to the game. Consider the presentation as an ode to retro arcade game description. One can't go wrong with more weapons and incremental difficulty in the game, as long as the commands to type doesn't increases.

Thank you for checking out this log and the game, in case you haven't yet, did I till you it's just 4 kilobytes!

You can find the game at https://dobryncat.itch.io/type

This is the first time I am participating in #devtober. I always wanted to work on a project within a jam like this. I'd like to keep working on this game thanks to the motivation I get seeing everyone else's work here.