Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Unnamed rpg slice of life

A topic by Teiga created Sep 30, 2020 Views: 85 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 2

Hello Everyone,

I recently joined this community because I have been wanting to become more involved with those like minded as myself and find motivation/inspiration to work on projects and improve my coding/scripting.

A little bit about me:

I am in my second year of university, working towards a BS in Computer Science. I live in WV, USA. I have always had a love for video games and want to work on them as a hobby on my free time. I do both my coding and artwork for other projects I have been working on, but will most likely use free assets or a cheap set for this jam session because I want to focus on actually making the game(scripting and development).

My idea for this game is a 2d pixel game.  I want to make an RPG slice of life game, relaxing to play. I'm still working on basic concept and story, and plan to have that written up by the 1st for this jam. But generally I want to be able to fish, combat enemies in a forest area, quests from npcs and/or a quest board, make friends with npc. I have other ideas, but I want to keep it simple at first and see how far I can get with that before I implement any other features. The biggest hurdle will be making an rpg slice of life, but with a twist to make it my own. 

I will be using Unity.

I will be posting here since I don't typically post devlogs on my social media accounts.

My biggest take away from this jam is to help improve my understanding of the Unity Engine, but also the C# language. I also want to just start a project and finish it. I tend to start things but never finish, so I'm hoping this can help me start a good habit of finishing things.

I also hope this helps one issue I have, which is deciding what I want to do with my degree. I have lots of interests, and want to see if game dev is something I want to pursue beyond a hobby.

Anyways, thanks for reading!

Best of luck to the rest of you.

Big ambitions i see, it wont work probably (one month is not so long but good luck wish you i :)