Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

First Ever Game

A topic by Syphen Zala created Nov 04, 2019 Views: 79
Viewing posts 1 to 1

Without a doubt I failed this jam. Between my schedule and my own procrastination I didn't make nearly as much progress as I wanted on this game. But I did learn a lot from this and I think that's what my post-mortem has gotta be about. I think I get why being organized is so important. A lot of the time I struggled choosing one thing to work on at a time, as a result I got a lot of unfinished mechanics and it made the whole thing a mess. It got even worse when I wanted to change the player code entirely despite it working fairly well. With this being my first time making a game it was also my first time using Godot. And god was that an ordeal. I had a hard time understanding how nodes worked, still kinda do, but I did figure out enough to make some things work. The syntax of GDscript isn't that bad, I'm not the best at coding but it's definitely easy to pick up. I learned a decent bit of GDscript on this project. I plan on continuing this game, getting better at coding, staying organized. Eventually I wanna develop the skills to create and animate sprites, create my own music for it. I want this to be a passion project that lasts a long time.