SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

welcome and introductions! Sticky

A topic by Marx of High Water created Nov 15, 2022 Views: 137 Replies: 6
Viewing posts 1 to 5
HostSubmitted(+1)

my dearest ghostboxers,

welcome to the #DeadLetterJam. here's a place to introduce yourself and what projects you're thinking of making.

my name is marx shepherd. i'm the creator of ghostbox and desperately averse to capital letters. i'm making at least one entry to the #DeadLettersJam which is The Wishful, a series of letters from children to Santa Claus. it's the guided template for the jam, and i'm going to make it by hand with paper and glue and pencil crayons and my off-hand so it looks like kids have made it.

i hope to meet you all and remember - may all your post arrive.

yours with abandon,

marx //

HostSubmitted

completely forgot that i am also going to make a second entry, The Shadowed, about writing to your past self after you uncover who you are following a period of amnesia. yes, it's also going to be submitted to the Anamnesis jam, it couldn't not be with Sam Leigh as our project editor. it'll be played with tarot cards.

Hi, everybody! 

I'm incorrigible, and I'm planning on submitting at least one series (suit? suite?) of letter prompts loosely based on a neglected character archetype in some of the philosophy I like reading/working on (no spoilers, hehe).

Having said, that, I've been wondering: Is it possible to submit an entire deck's worth of prompts to this jam as a hack of the original ghostbox? I found the game very fun and fruitful to think/write with, and I got a little carried away in the brainstorming stage with archetypes I might like to explore. No worries if that wouldn't be acceptable! 

I'm looking forward to seeing/playing others' submissions. :)

HostSubmitted(+2)

absolutely. please feel as empowered as you need to to hack the game completely. that's what it's there for!

Hi, again! Is it possible to send in a late submission?

Avri here, and I have the outline of an idea for a ghostbox hack, Letters from Camp.  

Hope to have it complete by the end of the submission window, and in time to include it on this year's Solo Not Alone fundraiser.

Submitted (2 edits) (+1)

Hi! I submitted my latest game which is inspired by 3 game jams. I tried to learn Osmosis and applied it to 7-families cardgame but well.. not sure I get it? 

It's a game about an "investigation at distance" in a village. Using psychic powers to perceive what inhabitants wrote in the letters they posted in the postbox. (Some content warnings bc I love body horror and fungus stuff!)

I'm sorry it's more a self contained micro game than a suit?