Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Interactive Pass the GAME Challenge visualization

A topic by Vykri created Jul 29, 2023 Views: 190 Replies: 8
Viewing posts 1 to 8
(+4)

I made an interactive site for visualizing the progression of the jam. Check it out here https://vykri.com/pass-the-game-2023/

Submitted(+2)

Crazy, that is so cool. I love the concept of this jam. I find it so very interesting to see the parallel paths of games for some reason.

Submitted(+2)

That is such a cool resource to have. I'm sure I'll come back to it to see the paths my favorite games of day 6 took to get there.

Submitted(+1)

wow, good work really interesting. Thank you

Submitted(+2)

That's awesome!! That'll be cool to look at when the jam is done. Make sure to put it in the day 6 community thread!

Submitted(+1)

Good Job!

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

Was literally just thinking about doing this today, looks awesome! How did you resolve the links between projects, did you scrape it from the description or something?

Yup. Used cheerio to get all the <a> tags from the description and checked if any of the hrefs were links to a game from the previous day. Checked for both jam links and game links. There were a few people per day that did this incorrectly, so I had to manually do some of them when the scraper couldn't figure it out.

That’s awesome, but just reminds you how much there was left. It’s a shame everyone worked on the same project instead keeping others alive