Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

UPGRADO! now available for free download with Leaderboards

A topic by ArgondevilGuiderods created Nov 16, 2021 Views: 127 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 5
Submitted (3 edits)

I have something up now that represents an early but well rounded version of my game.

feedback gratefully received..

https://argondevilguiderods.itch.io/upgradoh-incoming

PROTIP: play iwht your finger, to play with your thumb is a DEATH SENTENCE!

HostSubmitted

I added a tag called "playtesting" so that people that are interested in playtesting games will find the right topics to do so :)

I tried the game and it's pretty smooth! It starts a bit too fast to my liking and my shots didn't seem to do much, but I really like the control scheme, quite responsive.

The look is still a bit rough, it lacks some cohesion. I really like the look and the light effects of the asteroids for instance, but some other effects and models feel a bit out of place or dated. Maybe adding some post-processing or visual effects to the whole screen could be a quick improvement, or maybe it's just my taste :)

I think that there is no pause menu and that I can't go back with the back button. Also you could also add some instructions somewhere.

Congrats! It's already a pretty nice endless game! keep at it :) Hope my feedback can help you ;)

Submitted (1 edit)

thanks for trying it out, you need to keep going to build up your weapon power, I tried to make it so it alternates between avoiding asteroids and blasting them. If you can build up your weapon it becomes totally OP before long.

you make some good points, the graphics are ery outlandish but i hope to work on that..

unfortunately Unity Post Processing slows it down, but im still looking for some decent post processing.

apologies for the instructions, Im going to address that this week along with adding Google Leaderboards.

thanks fo trying it out, now that the game itself is working i can take my time to try to make it look good. perhaps even collaborating with an artist. my gfx are never great. i end up spending all my time with the scripting. some of the graphics are placeholders really.

as for the difficulty, i have tried to channel a bit of flappy bird ;)

i really appreciate the comments thanks )

Submitted

really cool we have a playtesting thing now thanks :)

Submitted

Added an instructions screen and some new mechanics, if anyone wants a download key just holla!

Submitted

Im hesitant to even post this as its been a battle to get it working and i dont want to jinx it....

but...

Upgradoh has working google leaderboards now 

took 2 weeks lol

there was a few moments i had to subdue the crunch by any means.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.turbogoblin.upgradoh

if anyone needs help doing google leaderboards just ask. IVE SEEN IT ALL.