Play gameThe Yokohama Coffee Shop's itch.io page
|Technical Execution and Presentation
|Gameplay Innovation and Enjoyment
|Adherence to Theme and Creativity
Ranked from 7 ratings. Score is adjusted from raw score by the median number of ratings per game in the jam.
Judge feedback is anonymous and shown in a random order.
- Nice and fast paced! I like the idea of a busy robot coffeeshop. getting drinks to where they need to go is surprisingly difficult!
- Super stylish ! What a fun little arcade romp' The main menu has such wonderful "early 2000s cracked game keygen" vibes that I wholly support ! I would have loved it to ramp up in difficulty a little faster , it seemed to jump from incredibly calm to almost unplayable rather suddenly ! Reminds me of the best parts of Last Call BBS and other Zachtronics titles !
- Adherence to Theme and Creativity: 3 I really don't want to bring this down, but I feel the theme is only there, because it needed to be robots. Creativity wise it is okay, falls in line with the overcooked line of games. Gameplay Innovation and Enjoyment: 3 I just wanted more. More obstacles, complex orders, stamina system for the run as as of know it is perma press button to zoom. It's a good score chaser but after a couple of runs it doesn't offer anything new. Technical Execution and Presentation: 3 On the technical side my only issues are the perma run, the non-normalised movement (which leads to zig-zag diagonal movement being optimal) and the sometimes hard to pick up items. Otherwise it is a nice little game, that could use a little tuning and more content.
- Cute game. Feels like it still needs one last gameplay twist. However it is immediately accessible and super charming.
- This was a great concept and definitely fun to play. Just as I thought it was getting easy, rush hour kicked in to ramp up the urgency. Well done!
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.