Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

CrapJam #1 Summary

A topic by ✨ Urara ✨ created Jan 22, 2020 Views: 96 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 3
HostSubmitted(+2)

Thank you so much for taking part in CrapJam! I hope you had as much fun as we. 

I'd like to officially announce the winner - HAndLol, congratulations!

What is great about this jam is that all the "losers" can be happy too, because their game was actually... better. 

I'd definitely host CrapJams regularly, probably once every two months, so the next one would be around 14-15.03. Mark your calendars <3 I saw few flaws in the rating system and I'll improve it. The "misunderstanding of the theme" was problematic to rate and would be modificated for sure, but I don't know how yet. "Unplayability" will be probably merged with "overall" score and new category regarding controls/mechanic will be added. I'm also thinking about making this jam a little bit longer - maybe 3 full days instead of 2 for all the latecomers.

If you have any suggestion for improvement please share it!

Submitted(+1)

Congratulations, HAndLol, you've successfully created the worst game in the jam! You should be... proud, I guess? And probably a little ashamed as well. ;P

The changes for future jams sound like a good idea to me- Misinterpreting the theme can be kind of impossible depending on the theme and what you're trying to do, and an explicit category for the awfulness of controls would be nice. It would also help clarify that the game shouldn't be completely impossible to play. I don't know if more time is necessary, but I certainly don't think an extra day would hurt- I image it would mostly give latecomers a better chance, like you said.

Overall, I had a lot of fun, and I'm looking forward to the next one!

Submitted(+1)

thanks BoN :D

im full of regret, and happy about it!

Submitted(+1)

thank you all for hating my game, i really appreciate it :)

i have been getting lazy a lot these days but this jam got me motivated to finish something again which is just great and i cant thank you guys enough for it.

CrapJam is amazing, and im hopefully in the next one :D

this have been a wonderfully painful experience from the start!