Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

3 days away from submission, I have more questions for the community

A topic by DerpySmiley created Sep 20, 2022 Views: 259 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 6

Did you stick to the original design?

Did you stay with your originally planned game engine/programming language?

Did you encounter a lot of glitches?

My answers:

No(lol). Procrastination is bringing this project down to the wire, so we had to switch desigins

Yes(somehow). We are still using Python and Pygame, despite the amount of switching we've done. (Unity, Unreal, Java, Etc)

Surprisingly not. But we are getting into the complicated stuff, so that will probably change,

Submitted

Originally I wanted to do something with cars from the start so that is probably the only thing I stuck with. I wanted to do something relating to candy and halloween and to have this scary atmosphere but I also wanted to learn about how to create terrain so I settled on a game about driving around the country side. Very simple concept and mechanically but I learned a lot which I think is most important.

Submitted

My original idea was that you are a little character who would platform across falling leaves. I stuck very close to this idea, and added a little bit of content that would improve upon the leaf platforming experience. I ended up having other ideas that I loved, but had no time to make.

For the whole process, I stuck with Godot, and GDScript.

While making the game, I did encounter quite a bit of glitches. A couple of them ended up staying in the game because I couldn't discover why they were occurring. Luckily they aren't all that bad for this little game, but if I decide to make a full version of the game, I would figure out how to prevent the glitches.

Submitted

-I started my original idea (Birds Bonk on my profile) before the Jam, and made way too many things before it started to be able to submit it. So we went for a totally different idea, ~ keeping the art style and resolution, but that’s all.

-For the engine: Godot is love, Godot is life

-Surprisingly, there weren’t many glitches/bugs during development, as we are getting more and more comfortable with Godot and team working. I have to say, it’s the first Jam were we locked the code before the art!

Submitted

Not really, I had an idea before the jam had even started, but as soon as the optional mechanic and optional palette was announced I got a new idea and sticked to it the whole jam.

Since I am only familiar with one programming language (python + pygame) and just started learning godot I didn't really have another engine to switch to

I encountered a few glitches on the way but not more than usual. If you wanna play the game, feel free to do so:

https://emilnilsson.itch.io/a-day-in-fall