Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Can I enter other jams with the same game?

A topic by SecretPocketCat created Sep 09, 2022 Views: 539 Replies: 10
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Submitted

Specifically I'm considering entering Vim jam as well. The timing of both jams is pretty similar and  Vim jam does allow this.

https://8bitstoinfinity.com/#rules

Can I enter other jams with the same game?
Absolutely, as long as you follow all rules and time limitations for each jam. Note we lock submissions, so you won’t be able to upload new builds while this jam is being rated.
Host(+1)

As long as you follow all rules of our jam, then sure

Submitted

Unless I’m mistaken, VimJam’s requirement is “multi-use,” so if you think about it, using the same game for multiple jams is EXTRA appropriate. :)

Submitted

Yeah, the same idea came to me. Not sure if I'm gonna sell it as such (if I make it anyway), but it's a nice take.

Submitted

I’m not sure it would work if it was used as the only multi-use mechanic, as that might be seen as kind of a copout, but I think it would be funny to acknowledge it as long as the game had an actual gameplay-related multi-use mechanic.  (But it would be awesome if you could somehow tie the two together—like a Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages / Oracle of Seasons type deal where each game can be played on its own, but they change into something else if you play them both.)

Submitted

I'm heavily leaning into multi-use cards. I'm very much into that mechanic/focus 😊

I'll be happy if I finish one game version though. 😅

Submitted

That sounds really cool! (Even without Gameboy link cable functionality, haha.) I certainly hope you finish; I’d love to see the finished product. ☺️

Submitted

I didn't get to finish for the Vim jam, but I did for this one (though it's missing a bunch of stuff inc. 2 other uses for the cards 🙁).  Feel free to give it a play, I reckon it's pretty good (I'm not biased ofc 😁).

Submitted

Well hey, one game jam is better than none, so congratulations!  :D  I just gave it a play/rate/comment, and you did a great job!  I realize the voting period ends in about an hour and a half (I had some things come up and didn't really have time to play any other jam entries until now), but to the extent you're rating games in the final hours of the jam (or just feel like playing more games even after the voting period ends), feel free to check out mine!  https://mycousinjimmy.itch.io/bear-with-me

Submitted

I'm sorry, I'm based in Europe, so it was around 5 AM for me. And gave it a play and will leave my thoughts at least.

Thanks for asking! I'm glad to see this question answered