Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

A message for Marcus

A topic by Xascoria created Aug 29, 2020 Views: 216
Viewing posts 1 to 1
(2 edits) (+2)

Hey Marcus, sorry for mocking you in the other post I made about drugs, I was just joking around because me and Darylsteak who you replied to, thought that in no way in hell this jam is real. I assuming you are very new to game jams in general, so I'll try to explain why:

A prize pool of $12,000 is massive, and I'm not using that word lightly here, the next jam I can recall with a prize pool this big have $1000, and that is split among multiple top-winners, a $12,000 prize pool is literally something that's never been on the site before.

The Jam's requirements are also incredibly weird, no offense. It's great that you want to support a cause, but it seems weird because of the requirement for micro-transactions and mobile-only, which is usually a pretty big taboo for indie developers, and unheard of in a jam game.

Here's my suggestions regarding on what you should do:

First, delay or cancel the jam for now, with this amount of participants, you are unlikely to gather any quality responses, and therefore the game you want to support with this money. With some proper promotions, I can ensure you that this jam will get at least 10 thousand participant.

Next, contact Itch admin at support@itch.io, and tell them what's your plan, they will provide you with the right personnel and support for a jam this scale, again, this amount of money is completely unheard of, and realistically you won't be able to host a jam this big by yourself.

Regards, 

Xascoria