Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Talk about your submissions! Sticky

A topic by lampara games PH created Feb 16, 2020 Views: 422 Replies: 15
Viewing posts 1 to 9
Submitted

Just thought us hosts could create a space where people could talk about and advertise their submissions. With that, let鈥檚 open the floor! 馃馃悢

Open the floor, let all the manure fall through!
I'm still trying to figure out what to do for this.
I was thinking maybe a solo rpg about breeding chickens?
you roll for the traits of your starting chickens, and then breed them and roll for which traits their offspring inherit?
maybe some mechanics inspired by this dark winter for how your coop fares over time?

HostSubmitted

this sounds soooo gooood 

Thank you Xrystina, I was worried that weird crunchy solo play was not something that people would be too keen on.
Like, rolling on punnet squares? iunno

Submitted (1 edit)

That honestly sounds so interesting! Punnet squares but as random tables are dope. Maybe the chicken breeder is the Gregori Mendel of chickens? That鈥檇 be fun. Excited to see where you鈥檒l go with the prompt!

Submitted (1 edit)

Looking over this again, I super love this idea! You鈥檙e just a lone farmer in the wilderness, trying to survive with the help of a single coop.

Might I suggest a traveling farmer, so that there鈥檚 some Oregon Trail/Wild West vibes? Perhaps a cowboy who for some reason has a chicken coop on wheels. It鈥檚 funny to imagine that kind of scenario.

HostSubmitted

I am currently working on a horror movie trpg, but I can rework it into a horror chicken game once I'm finished with it xD

(1 edit)

Oh, never mind. I see the formatting style of what is a TTRPG. While my game may not fully meet the standards of a TTRPG, may I include references inside the game where, say, the winning conditions reveal the game was actually a TTRPG played by humans? Some kind of paradox ending?

Submitted

Sarima Kayganda: Kakabugin Na Kita! is a love letter to the drag scene of the 90鈥檚, which I was very much familiar with growing up. When I read that the Sarimanok was a sort of phoenix figure made of cloth, I thought: that鈥檚 pretty bakla. So here鈥檚 what I came up with based on that idea!

Hi, I鈥檓 Nadia! And this is my second attempt at making a TTRPG (have yet to publish my first attempt). Found this jam and though this would be really cool. My game that I鈥檓 working on is where multiple players compete to make the best chicken sandwich. They have five (in game) days to prepare for the final judgment. They can do different activities in the morning, afternoon, and evening  before the big day where they are judged based on the Juiciness of the chicken, Freshness of the toppings, Fluffiness of the bun, Sauciness of the condiments, and overall Flavor and Presentation of the sandwich. Still working on some of the mechanics, but it will be titled The Great Chicken Sandwich War. Any thoughts, advice?

(1 edit)

Hey Nadia!! This sounds very fun to play! Maybe you could implement overlays like the ones used on TV News channels with text scrolling right to left. This sounds like a Food Network TV series!馃槉 Maybe commercials too?

Also, you could make simple cutscenes with judges eating the sandwiches. You could make separate animations, depending on if a variable is less than or greater than quality, you get a different reaction from the judge. Then they could pull up a stick with a number for the rating for each category. Maybe use a float variable for decimal values.

For simple mechanics, maybe drag and drop tiles. Say you drag a bun to the table. The tile disappears and the bun appears on the table. You could make the ingredients required in a certain order. You might want an area where you can resupply missing ingredients to a bottom HUD.

You might need lots of SetActive(false) and SetActive (true) to turn objects on/off  if you're using Unity.

I could see this being a light version of Overcooked! and Cooking Mama! I was having trouble myself relating this to a TTRPG, since my game is a stealth RPG. My ending will include a paradox of people playing the game I made as a board game, all within the same game 馃槉

Good luck!馃槑馃憠馃憠

Wow! Thank you so much for liking my little cooking game idea, and the awesome suggestions but right now I鈥檓 focused on making it a table top RPG. Eventually I鈥檓 hoping to make it a video game though so I鈥檒l definitely going to be keeping your advice in mind.

Deleted 4 years ago
Submitted

Just realized I haven鈥檛 talked about my other submission!

Revoluciones de Gallinas is a collaboration between myself and BESW. The concept we worked with was basically an Animal Farm-esque revolution, except set in the Philippines during the 1890s, as a parallel to the actual Philippine Revolution! I wanted it to still be about positive change and freedom, as most revolutions are, but with the added lightheartedness of the presence of chickens!

(1 edit)

Hi! I'm having a lot of trouble with my submission. I've never uploaded anything from unity before.  One of the scenes from my game is completely missing even though it works fine in unity. Please take a look at my public page (the game is free and in html, so there's no download required and it's super convenient to play), and let me know if you've had similar problems / know the solution! Thanks. 

Btw fixed my problem, game works fine!

Submitted

Hullo! I've audaciously and ~bodaciously~ submitted something that isn't actually ready yet... it's free, though?

Saw this jam yesterday and fell in love, which is, frankly, poor decision-making but... oh well, this seems to be a "the more, the merrier" type of jam, so perhaps you won't mind? My submission is a 5E/D&D compatible module designed for VOIP/IM-client compatibility; it's about 30-50% finished in the form being submitted (missing a large chunk of the text, all of the images and formatting for the final version, and assorted supplemental files. 50% of the intended illustrations exist, they're just not digitized.)

Unfortunately, I'm stuck living with my parents, one of whom is emotionally unstable at the best of times, and our region just entered a higher level of lockdown, so I ended up spending the energy I'd been saving to finish writing on family caretaking. So, uh. Was reluctant to give up on the dream of Chicken RPG-ing, in spite of everything?