Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Has anyone else made a trailer for their game?

A topic by Blake McKinnon Productions created Sep 06, 2019 Views: 274 Replies: 18
Viewing posts 1 to 7
Submitted

Heres the trailer for my game:

I haven't been seeing many trailers about, Post yours if you have one.

Submitted

I have a question to ask, I was planning to make a trailer but couldn't because of last moment rush... But the question is did making a trailer helped increase peoples interest in the game? Or it was something which was ignored completely by majority of players...

Curious to know, as of the results may make one next time 馃槃

Submitted

want people to get interested in your game, then dont be dump like me.

but seriosly though, i think people might just ignore it like i did (sorry), but i think people want a faster way of getting info about your game, and that is exactly what i didn't have, you see......after i finished my game i was too lazy to put pictures about the game, i just pulled a stuped photo of google and put the name of the game on it and thats it, didnt put much effort in it as well as i didn't in puttin gany form of pictures about the game, after 4 days of the rating period i had 7 ratings, then i put a picture of the game (was the best that i could get) on the submission page of my game, then the next day i got about 6 ratings, jut because of that, so dont be dump like me

Submitted

I don't think that it really helped get more players who are part of the game jam but there was a spike of almost double people viewing the page after I put up the trailer, it helped with downloads as well from what I can see on the analytics page.

I make trailers for all the games that I make so it's just something that I do, it only took  me a few hours (not sure how many maybe 1.5-3) to edit so I think it was worth it.

Submitted

Thanks for the info!  We didn't make a trailer but did make animated gifs.  Seems like making a trailer may attract more attention from the broader itch audience.  Plus, I see jams as practicing for the real thing - making a commercial game someday.  And trailers are definitely required to do that.  So, I'll definitely be taking the time in future jams to throw together trailer.  True, if you're doing a commerical game, hiring a professional to do the trailer makes sense, but I want to understand the process so I know what to ask, etc.  Plus, you never know, maybe I'll turn out to be good enough at it myself.

https://itch.io/jam/cgj/rate/474894

Submitted

I've always made the trailers for my own games, they're not perfect but they get the job done and I'm getting better at them. Theres a lot of great information out there on how to edit game trailers, have a look at some stuff by Derik Leiu, he's the master of editing game trailers.

Submitted

I think trailers and animated gifs help/motivate people check out your game.

Submitted

Yeah I think that they are a good motivator. I need to try out some gifs!

Submitted

I did

Submitted

Awesome! loved the nose mechanic in your game, it was really fun!

Submitted

I made a trailer too.  Also, a full playthrough for those who don't want to DL haha.

Submitted

Nice! I really liked your game!

Submitted (1 edit)

Heres the game

https://itch.io/jam/cgj/rate/477078 

Heres the trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNXKEEpt4gE

Submitted

Cool game! Played and Rated it! one of the most interesting uses of theme I've seen, especially the start/quit bit on the menu haha.

Submitted

THanks a lot mah dude :D

Submitted (1 edit)

Just got a gameplay video of my game today! :D 

Submitted

Awesome, your game has a great art style!

Submitted

I did, a really really small one  ahah^^

Submitted

Nice!