Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

DevBlog - Petrocket

A topic by petrocket created Aug 29, 2021 Views: 188 Replies: 8
Viewing posts 1 to 9
Submitted

Sitting here waiting for a compile to finish and thought I'd share some progress.  

Game idea

You're an apprentice in the Adventurer's Guild sent to rescue a local who is lost in the cave of darkness.

Completed

- Initial player controller
- Beam emitter enemy
- mirror shield
- basic trap
- basic reward (health)
- basic gameplay (death = lose, enemies defeated = win)

Light beams

Light beams

Trap and enemy spawner

Trap and enemy spawner

In progress
- lunch

To do

- mirror sword
- rescue local
- basic level
- graphics polish
- audio

Jam HostSubmitted

Looking forward to seeing it in action!

Submitted

I'm sure the polish is going on....  Looks like the groundwork has a lot of playability. Also looking forward to it!

Submitted

I forgot to mention I was streaming the dev on Twitch, you can skim through the broadcast videos here if you're interested: https://www.twitch.tv/petrocket/video/1132418851?filter=archives&sort=time

Submitted

Submitted

Lots of things didn't get implemented or were buggy - but this is the basic layout showing the content of the rooms with all the trap doors closed.

Submitted

Too bad the little biters wouldn't navigate toward the player in the release build for some reason, probably I needed to re-export the navmesh.

Submitted

Is it possible to free the prisoner? I keep getting killed when I try to cross pass the beam to the key. I can on occasion get to the key, but can never get past it coming back.

Submitted

it is possible but unfortunately it’s tricky and you really have to angle the shield so it is facing the beam source - so your character is moving sideways.  You need to move the mouse cursor so it’s near the beam source and then move sideways with the w key.  My son also ran into difficulties doing this though so it’s possible there is a big if with the hit box of the shield