Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Speedgame Challenge 2019

A topic by Burnerknight Studios created Jun 08, 2019 Views: 394 Replies: 12
Viewing posts 1 to 8

Hey gang! Really looking forward to what this year's Speedgame Challenge has to offer. Can't wait for those verses to be revealed! Blessings to everyone participating, I'm sure I'll enjoy playing your entries.

Submitted

Fun times ahead. I am thinking about making a scary game this time, if the scriptures fit. I have never been a big fan of them, but I know they are wildly popular. Just have to tone down the gore and somehow make it uplifting to win. Ready to start designing and see what I come up with. The Lord will lead.

That sounds interesting, Doug! Looking forward to what you come up with.

Not sure what I will be able to accomplish this year but I want to go through all the steps and see what happens. I want to give a shout out to Doug for his help and guidance in last year's Speedgame Challenge. 

Don't forget to have fun!

Submitted

I am sure whatever you make will be wonderful Irma. It is not really about the game itself, but the challenge it gives us to grow. in our craft.

Submitted (1 edit)

I am waiting for the verses to see what they are and what I can come up with them. Depending upon that depends if I participate this year or not. Basically I would like to do something AI related, but we see. As long as I can either come up with something that is quick to do, or something that helps with my long term goals, I will participate. So I guess it is more likely I will participate than not.

I did a quick brainstorm session last night with all the verses submitted so far. More like a few words rather than a sentence. But it put me in the right frame of mind to imagine what is possible with each verse. Should make things a little easier once the verses are selected.

(+1)

Veery excited!  Looking forward to this year's jam!

Submitted

Hey all! Excited to be a part!

I definitely won't be hammering away for the whole two weeks, but hope to put aside enough time to make something worthwhile still. :)

(+1)

Just wanted to remind everyone, development can continue until the 29th-30th. The itch.io jam counter needs to be updated. But if you all look at the doc file Kris created, the official upload date is June 30th. So that gives you about three weeks to work on your game!

Host

Raul, thanks for building up the community. I really appreciate you stepping up with me being so busy right now at work.

No problem, Kris!