SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Rate my game and I'll rate yours [Browser and PC games only]

A topic by IanGoGo created Apr 23, 2021 Views: 268 Replies: 12
Viewing posts 1 to 7
Submitted (1 edit)

Hey everyone!

This is my 11th game jam and I'm super excited to see what sorts of things you all made!  Here's a link to my game: https://iangogo.itch.io/a-name-is-earned

A little about my entry:

Contacted by a mysterious organization, Benetton (the player) must travel into a dungeon and clear out a horde of monsters using a magic sword.  This sword, known as the 'Beastial Rage', has the ability to deal huge damage if used with 10 seconds of killing an enemy (8 times damage) and will return some health. The downside is your color vision is gone, forcing you to see the world in a more primal way. Can you prove you are worthy enough to earn the name of this secret society?

For the Blackthornprod GAME JAM #3 I was able to rate 78 games, and for the Brackeys Game Jam 2021.1 I was able to rated 50 games. For the Wowie Jam I rated 42 so far. I've found some truly inspiring stuff. It's super sad to find amazing games with so few ratings. I can't wait to see the amazing thing you created!

*Note* If I see you have rated and commented on my game, I prioritize you over people who have just posted links in response to this community post.

Have a great day!

Submitted

https://itch.io/jam/bullet-jam-2021/rate/1006987

Here is my game! Check it out! I'll check yours too!

Submitted

Fun game! I got a score of 92,870. I enjoyed the amount of ships you had and how everything in the game felt very fair. When I got hit I felt like it was always my fault and not a cheap shot from the game.

My only suggestion would be to have the score used for some form of shop system to upgrade the gun and enable the player to become more powerful. This could create a super good primary gameplay loop of always trying to beat a previous best score with better and better gear.

Overall, great game!

Submitted (1 edit)

I've already reviewed you game, it would be great if you could review mine too!

https://lolmatyc.itch.io/operation-hellfish

Submitted

I enjoyed how the movement controls were forward/back turn left/right. I enjoy when sailing or fish games do that, it helps to make them feel unique and drive home the point of being at sea. The ammo regeneration was a nice touch, the graphics looked good as well!

If you wanted to improve, I suggest adding more game 'juice' when you kill an enemy. The sound effect should be a little louder and more dramatic, maybe some particle fx too. The music transitions can be kinda sudden, I suggest a fade in and fade out effect.

Overall a fun game! 

Submitted

Already reviewed your game. Your other games are really good as well. Check out my game if you can:

Hellish Janitor by DigitalBoy (itch.io)

Submitted

Overall a fun game! I enjoyed the art style and the comedy element to it all. The idea of some pour soul armed with only a spray bottle and a broom pushing monsters back into a pit is really funny. The gameplay itself is nice, everything feels good and the fire scene transition is a super nice touch.

If you wanted to improve, I suggest adding background music and some sort of score functionality where the quicker you get monsters back into the pit, the higher the score you get it. It could work like Mario where enough score gets you health back or you could have a shop system for additional items / upgrades.

Overall this is a super fun game with tons of potential! Nice work!

Submitted

Reviewed and commented as asked ;)
Here's my bullet hell jam entry:

https://kmajima.itch.io/sneeze-hell

Submitted

Overall an incredibly fun game! The mechanic was unique, the gameplay was exhilarating and overall was incredibly fun. I appreciate that you remove bullets from enemies when they are killed, it's a very nice touch. I also enjoyed all the times you managed to use sneeze "the oath of sneeze" "sneezed out". It was all super fun and I really enjoyed it!

Submitted

Played and commented on yours :)

Here's mine if you want to try it out :

https://pixelmetalwolf.itch.io/starfighter-mercforce

Submitted(+1)

Fun game! It really captured that arcade shooter feeling extremely well. I enjoyed the art and destroying enemy ships felt really good.

If you wanted to improve I suggest adding a white flash whenever a ship (yours or enemy gets hit) or some sort of visual feedback. I also recommend making the weapon automatic. Having to hold down spacebar the entire time without penalty should probably just be an automatic feature.

Overall a super fun game!

Submitted

Hey! I did it, now your turn! Amazing game by the way

Submitted

Fun game overall! I enjoyed the variety of stages you had and the enemy path finding seemed to work great (that's something I always struggle with). The particle fx was really nice, especially when bullets impacted the walls.

If you wanted to improve some, I suggest upping the difficulty some. I never really felt threatened by the enemies in the game, I could either breeze past them or destroy them quickly enough to not have any issues. A simple difficulty option that increases damage from enemies and player damage would be a simple fix that could add a lot of replay value.

Overall, quality and fun game!