i am 12 and this my first game jam

A topic by Dotnet Games created Feb 06, 2022 Views: 1,071 Replies: 35
Viewing posts 1 to 14
Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

i am 12 and i need a tip with making a good game

hola te recomiendo estos videos son muy buenos y seguro te ayudaran 

Submitted

I speak only English sorry and I know little Spanish

I'm sorry I thought you spoke Spanish since the page was translated into Spanish

Submitted

it okays

(1 edit)

y este es para ver cual programa te conviene mas 

(+1)

First wait for the theme to be released. Then brainstorm 10 - 15 ideas you could make with the theme in mind. Make sure to not make your plans too big, as times flies. Focus small and if you have time left over, then expand. Most importantly, this is a game jam, so have fun! Even if your game isn't the best, it will still be a learning experience. Good luck!

Submitted

thank you :]

Hello you can use post processing in ur game

(+1)

*facepalm*

Submitted

i am using this game called bitsy

Submitted

thank you for the tips

Submitted(+1)

Just don't use too much otherwise it would slow down your games performance and also using too much or using it wrong could also look bad

Submitted

ok thanks for the advice

Submitted

i started my first game jam in 12 yo too .... dont make the first idea come into your mind . think about it write about it and then start making it :)

Submitted

i did and thank you

Submitted

Make sure to plan the entire game and decide what you can and can't do before you start deving. This will help you get through the project much quicker  than if you try to figure it out as you go along. Also, props to you for trying game dev so young. :)

(+1)

Here's a quick tip, if your stressing out about the theme or things aren't going your way, take a break, it helps

Submitted

thank you for tip

Deleted 1 year ago
Submitted

I did inspire you and your welcome. here I made for the jam https://wei-is-not-here.itch.io/miko

Submitted (1 edit)

Hey, I played your game fully. I think it is actually a really cool idea. Since it is still very early, adding sound fx would be good. one specific area is on the dialogue. 

To do that, just play sound from an audio source in the code where you add each character (letter) to the ui.

Submitted (1 edit)

What do you mean by that and how to put sound in bitsy

Submitted (1 edit)

and i am making a new game

Submitted

Ahh, I thought that this was made in unity and that you had used the Brackeys tutorial for dialogue, or a similar method.

I don't know how to do that in bitsy.

Either way, that game still looks great. :)

Submitted

ok

Submitted

I found a way to add sounds.

Submitted

oooh, nice I'll check that out. :)

Submitted

The sounds are great! good job :)

Submitted

ok

Hello :)

Submitted

I am also 12 :D

Submitted

cool

Submitted

if you want to add screenshots go in Edit Game -> add screenshots -then save - then go to the Page  top Edit Theme -> Screenshots switch from Automatic to Side

Submitted

Thanks you so much.

(1 edit)

Hi, im only 11. I'm confident you can make a decent game.

First, brainstorm about a few ideas.  Try thinking about what topic/genre your game is. Then think about a few scenes.  After that, split those scenes into different ideas.  Then pick one that you just feel interested in. 

Or if just don't feel like it, just take inspiration from other games.

After that, just try to make a game using that idea.

This helps me a lot.

Submitted

Ok