Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

answer this bracky

A topic by advayzx created Jan 24, 2022 Views: 335 Replies: 9
Viewing posts 1 to 4

IS IT OK IF I MODIFY A GAME WHICH I AM DOING FOR ANOTHER JAM CUZ I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO FINISH IT ONLY THE DEMO so is it ok?

Submitted (1 edit)

You can't use a project that was started before the jam as a jam submission. You would also have to worry about changing it for the theme. The point of the jam is you start the project on the day the theme.is announced. However you are allowed to reuse some assets.

Edit: Technically, yes, you can, but it is highly encouraged to make a new game.

(+1)

I know and I am ashamed of myself from this day onwards godot is my go to engine

Submitted

You don't have to be ashamed. If you didn't realize you didn't realize.

well ok then

The short answer is yes, you can. However it beats the purpose of the jam itself which is making a game within a week. Also, the game would have to fit the theme of the jam.

ok then.  I JUST WANTED TO SUBMIT MY GAME IN A GAME JAM. So uh can you help me in making my game in godot? When the jam starts cuz I really wanted to show myself how good I can be

Jam Host

While per the rules it is technically allowed, it is not in the spirit of a game jam, and will get rid of all the fun of making a game during the specified time period.
Also note that there is an extremely big chance that your already made game does not fit the theme at all.

Do yourself a favor, if you want to participate, try and make a game specifically for the jam, you don't have to finish it, you don't have to even submit it. The learning you'll be doing during it is what counts much more than anything.

Yeah since my godot demo in  files got "LOST'  when my computer had a mental breakdown you bet I am going to start a new creation in rpg maker vx ace because I can't learn anything in godot and I feel my insecurities coming MY COMING DOWNFALL all because of starting in a new engine and I need some advice

(1 edit)

and learning would be the best part and well because I never made a successful game all by myself and without following tutorials kinda destroys the point of learning and I mean if you don't get any views then who will tell us game devs to make our game better and sometimes comments can be mean but there are actual constructive critsism comments which help us grow our games and make them better and also they can make people happy and that's what learning is and wow I just gave myself a lot of confidence I CAN DO THIS I CAN MAKE THIS INTO THE pretty good game by someone who has never made a successful (also I am  changing my account name to reyex cause I want to)

Lol I just made a speech