Jobs
Tags

***RETIME THE WIND*** MY GAME

A topic by JMIDEV created Aug 05, 2020 Views: 371 Replies: 11
Viewing posts 1 to 9
Submitted (1 edit)

Play here

Plot

Retime the wind is a puzzle game about a crocodile, who is able to control time using a cassette tape, and its mission in this adventure is to clean the areas of bubble gum balls, to reach them, you must go back in time with a cassette tape to move to the past platforms, enemies, and other elements that will allow you to access the gum balls. (There is a boss in the game, you can do all the levels for yourself or go to the level selector)

Submitted

Any opinions???

Submitted

it good

Submitted

but the screen is too smuall

Submitted

barely can read it plz change the size for the game in the page

Submitted

Finished it either way

Deleted post
Submitted

When you have a level focused in the level select screen it should get brighter, it does for you? If don't, you maybe don't have the WebGL library in your navigator.

Submitted

The black texts issue may be because of webgl too

I loved The game because The levels is very cretive :) !!!

Submitted (4 edits)

I'll give it a decent play and rating after the deadline but I had a quick go and three things stood out to me straight away:

1. I don't like the music or sound effects and its too loud for my sound settings, however there were no option to adjust the volume or mute the sound
  2. I'm not a fan of any games that force me to use arrow keys rather than WASD for controlling the player, that is usually a deal breaker for me as its what I've grown accustomed to and makes me worse at a game if I have to suddenly control the character with the other hand. Maybe either add an optional mapping or allow players to rebind.
  3. if I don't realise quick enough that I needed to rewind the platform to complete level 1, its gone forever and I can only restart the level to complete the puzzle. You may think its no big deal but if the player didn't even register the platforms existence then they will do two things, neither of which provide a solution to the puzzle:
    1. Stand there looking around for some time
    2. Rewind as far as they can to see if anything has changed

Basically all my feedback boils down to a functional UI for adjusting controls and settings and maybe make things that go off the screen still be rewindable back onto the screen regardless of time passed. The last one is just my personal preference from a user standpoint.

I liked the concept itself on first play, I avoided playing past level 1 so it would be fresh come ratings time

Submitted

I liked it, but I think you can improve it by

- picking better colors for the menu

- addding a little bit of variety to your levels. I think that's hard, but I would at least try.

Then again, your level design skills are pretty good. I enjoyed my time with this game. Thanks for making it!