Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Supermarket Cop - Point and Click camera surveillance game (Devlog #1)

A topic by Kozmiksans created Aug 03, 2020 Views: 162 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 3
(+2)

Greetings,

This is my first game jam so here goes nothing.

Game Idea

You work as a low paid security guard in a shady supermarket and your job is to catch people doing outrages and of course illegal things. Your wepons are your trusty (read shitty) computer and button thing-y to rewind the footage of the surveillance cameras. Will you bring peace and prosperity to your market or will you get fired and end of welfare checks while your children starve because daddy wasn't qualified to watch some stupid cameras.

Day 1  of development  

• Made the basic art for the game world (still needs some tweaking)
  • Made the world responsive to user input 

Things that are next to be done

• Make the actual footage that displays on the computer screen
  • Give functions to the buttons and drawers
  • implement some kind of day system/upgrades system
  • Make the background art

For the day system I had an idea to make it that every few days you get something new (new threat, new cameras etc) but I am still in planing phase for that.

For tomorrow it's the "footage" art and what actually should the crime rules be, meaning the harder part. 

Here is all my work today made into a one little gif

The Player view is controlled by arrow keys, should i keep it like that or add some on-screen UI? Would appreciate the feedback! 

Any ideas or comments are welcome.

Cheers.

(+2)

Update #2

Our computer now has the brilliant SafeMall OS.

SafeMall OS - a operating system that has keeps true values alive. The best way to keep poor people. well poor. and your family fed.

Next thing I will be making is the prototype of the footage that will be displayed on the computer and some basic art for it.
Wish me luck

Cheers.

sexy