Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

I'm a kid, is Scratch not a viable game engine?

A topic by Roadkill Possum created Jul 30, 2020 Views: 372 Replies: 8
Viewing posts 1 to 6

I want to participate in a game jam but have yet to learn any thing like unity, I found i'm good at using scratch, but I am worried that it is not formal or viable. (Also, if you're not sure what scratch is, here's a link: https://scratch.mit.edu/ ) I am accepting of any feed back of any kind.

thank you for helping me - SushiRat

While it's certainly not as powerful as something like Unity or Game Maker, Scratch can still be used to make games - I'm not sure how the submitting process works, but there's a website to download a Scratch project as an HTML, and there's probably more converters you can use from there to convert it to whatever you need!

Thank you for your feed back, I am incredibly at ease now knowing that you provided some much needed information, thank you! :)

Submitted

You can use Scratch.mit.edu

By the way, do you want to join my team? I want to make a team for scratch.

GL with using scratch but could recommend learning godot visual script which is pretty easy but could get complicated.

if you want to build the game in .exe you can first convert .sb2 to .swf here and from .swf to .exe here

Yes i am a Scratch expert. I can help you out and go follow me on Scratch

But of course i can help you i am a scratch pro i can make good games

I don't want to speak for anyone else, but if it isn't allowed, submit a game anyway. It's incredible that there are so many young people in this jam (I guess we have Brackey's videos to thank for that, so a special shout-out to the man), but unless the jam calls for specific engines, which this one doesn't, if someone tries to discourage you from participating because you're using Scratch then they should be flung out a series of windows. 

Making games is kind of like being a Wizard, or a little God, creating your own worlds and inviting people to enjoy them. No one should be discouraged from being the master of their own Universe. If you do get discouraged... do it anyways.