Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs

I AM YOUNG

A topic by HelloStudios created Feb 25, 2019 Views: 97 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted

Hello all of the participants of the Brackeys game jam 2...

While I managed not to know how to make games when the first game jam started...

I did however manage to get into the second!

So if you didn't try out WALK (a walking simulator...)

--DISCALMER--

++IF BRACKEYS READS THIS... WELP... I WANTED TO AT LEASE PARTICIPATE AS OF 1 YEAR OF WATCHING UR VIDS OF HOW TO MAKE A GAME!!!++

I MADE THE GAME BEFORE THIS GAME JAM!!

The game was originally made for the first Wowwie jam..

The next Brackeys game jam is next year... right?

well next time I will try to get my head hooked up on some C# okay? AND MAKE THE GAME DURING THE JAM!!

I already submitted the game before getting to a place in the rules where it says NO STANDERS ASSETS... The only two things I used from standard assets was the FPSPlayer and the trees why did I use the trees??? Well your answer to that is the UI of Blender and other modeling softwares... And my lack of knowledge on C#...

I WILL TRY that on the third Brackeys game jam to make it DURING THE GAME JAM and to NOT USE ANY ASSETS FROM STANDARD ASSETS and to hook up C# skills so I CAN BUILD A character CONTROLLER (I hope we will be able to follow tutorials... cause I am in a state called tutorial Hell (means you watch tutorial for everything (sometimes I even do when I don't even try...).) (and try to get out of tutorial hell... it is hot in there...)

Anyways that is all I wanted to say... OPPS I FORGOT TO MENTION I AM 9 YEARS OLD... (turning ten on April 3)

Thank you for reading good bye...

Live but Don't Die

-Daniel Maloschik

(P.S sorry for my bad english I am from Hungary moved to California when I was 5.)

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

Hello Daniel,

I saw your game in the very first days of the jam. Everyone is taking small steps and I think if you look back at your skill a year before and now, you will know yourself that you can be proud. And this is something thats valid for every single person who submitted something in this jam: We all take our free time and try to create something that other people will have fun with. We learn, we teach ourselves and most of us with no intend to become the next Game Dev Superstar, the next Hideo Kojima or John Romero . We can be all proud of ourselves.

I am 30 years old, I have a career far away from coding and game design. With your young age, if you follow this passion, put in some patience (something I never had in younger years... and still sometime lack), if you force yourself even through frustrating bits of being a hobby game developer - it will be worth all the time and frustration. Maybe your game doesnt fit in this jam. But its very motivating for myself to read about you and your attempt to participate in it.

If I may recommend to you the following youtube channel: Blacthornprod

I also started  with watching videos by Brackeys and soon found Blackthornprod. He is more of a designer than programmer and uses very simple C# for his games and Tutorials - perfect for a beginner in my opinion.

Before I end up writing a novel: I am looking forward to see you again at the Brackeys Game Jam 2020!