Jobs
Tags

need some honest feedback!!

A topic by charm created Aug 27, 2023 Views: 77 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted

hello there. 
i need some honest feedback about my game, especially about the puzzle part
really wanna know how intuitive / obvious the gameplay is, as i didn't include a direct and extensive tutorial.

i want to continue the development of this game, so i would appreciate any feedback / suggestions. thanks!  
the game's really short (takes around 3-5 minutes to complete). 
play the game / rate the game ]

Submitted (1 edit)

Hey! I tested your game, the vibe is super interesting, would be a perfect "Inception/Black Mirror/Psychological" kind of game. By trying thing as a player, it is intuitive enough in my opinion, even if different energy types may be too identical if they are supposed to be different. The things that could be modified could be the space between puzzle interaction, a bit too much of a walk in my opinion, for a puzzle at least. Or you could make the character walk a bit faster. Also, considering extanding point of view during puzzle moments so we can have a global vision of the puzzle to think would be a good move! ( not having an energy statue on sight, and you kinda forget it ) But keeping this close view for the rest. What do you think? Really interesting nonetheless, Will be here for updates! Just tell me

Submitted

Hi, thank you for your feedback! 

I was already working on the differences between two types of energy. My initial idea was to add some visual differences: give them different UI icons, for example. Maybe play some different sound effects when they are added to the ‘inventory’. Just didn’t have  the time to implement this. 

But now I think I’ll have to rework their effects as well. ‘INTRO-type’ of energy feels kinda… redundant? 

Great ideas about changing the walking speed and adding a ‘global view’. I’ll think about it.  

Thanks again, this was super helpful!! 

I will play your game and leave you a comment on your rate page. I will try to make my feedback useful.
If you have time as well, here's our game:

https://itch.io/jam/brackeys-10/rate/2229360