Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

My PC just crash and 50% of the game just gone forever

A topic by Alexis Baril created Jun 01, 2020 Views: 353 Replies: 12
Viewing posts 1 to 6

I lost 50% of my game yesterday because of a very weird crash of my pc: / The Game is so bad now and the UI is weird, textures is GONE,  ennemies are weird :(    

Submitted

Oh No!  That's so sad.  Hopefully you have gotten something to work today.

No I just gave up the project because anyway I can no longer participate in the game jam

Submitted

I hope you are able to figure something out. It probably will still be better than my buggy game that I am appalled to have made.

Im not gonna upload my game to the Game Jam, So many glitch and the game is now ugly, Also your game look nice don't be appalled

Submitted

Thanks, but the code is just atrocious to me since I rushed a lot of the essential parts this morning. I have learned from this jam that certain features like health should not be left as the last things to do. My health system only kinda works on the version I submitted since I forgot to apply it to the builder unit and one of the functions vital to running attacks has a problem. I did just fix these problems, but the jam is finished so maybe I'll update the game when I get a lot of the other bugs patched.

Your game also looks nice, even with 50% getting removed from existence. I don't know the situation with the code, so I can't comment on whether it is worth pursuing there, but I do think you might be able to salvage something from it.

Submitted

I'm Sorry for you

Submitted

but you can still publish it after you fixed it ;-D

i also did that

No, I feel like the game have so many glitch and not funny anymore, so i will never upload even if i try to improve it :(

Submitted

I can understand you :-(

I think every gamedev is going to expierience this

tut mir leid

:)

Deleted post

Yeah :/ I'm sad but anyways I practice a lot for my next game jam: GMTK 2020