SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Questions! Sticky

A topic by Lone Rabbit created Aug 25, 2020 Views: 493 Replies: 18
Viewing posts 1 to 8
Host (1 edit)

Feel free to ask any questions here!

(or alternatively in the discord server)

I, uh, assume "characters with human-like characteristics" means nonhuman characters with human-like characteristics? That would make the most sense for something subtitled 'furry jam', but I want to double-check my assumptions just in case.

Also: would human characters who take on animal-like characteristics count/quailfy?

Host (1 edit)
I, uh, assume "characters with human-like characteristics" means nonhuman characters with human-like characteristics? That would make the most sense for something subtitled 'furry jam', but I want to double-check my assumptions just in case.

Yep, your assumption is correct!

Also: would human characters who take on animal-like characteristics count/quailfy?

Uhh, sure. That's interesting. You mean something like catgirls?

Something more like Animorphs. Our protag becomes different animals and takes on their accompanying instincts.

So can we use like humans for enemies or roles that are really suited for anthros? Like in an rpg u meet different races, can some of those be human? 

Host

Yes, as long as the game contains some degree of anthros, having humans and other races in the game is perfectly fine!

So if we were to make a TTRPG, how would we go about submitting it so others can play? 

Host

I am honestly not quite sure, it is inevitable that TTRPGs and other non video games submissions will receive less ratings because less people can play so just keep that in mind.

Submitted(+1)

Usually PDF and/or TXT files for download. Since it's a long-running jam, I'm hoping my ttrpg entry will get a few groups interested in playing.

If u are experienced enough in coding games u could try make a digital version of a ttrpg. Then cause of covid u can play online with people.

Is it more of an Anthropomorphism or Furry game Jam?

I mean, Anthropomorphism would include personifications like the gods from Greek mythology or maybe even the Joker from Batman (because he is the kind of character that is considered a force of nature and a personification of chaos), right?

If not, would it be anything in-between other animals  and humans?If so, then it would it include any in-between  humans and other living beings like insects, fungus, bacteria, etc.? (Like Hollow Knight, for example)

Sorry for the inconvenience. I am always like this in game jams. ;-;

I'm not the Jam-maker, but I did get this reply to my similar question:

https://itch.io/post/1943471

(Oh, and according to a tea-sampling table at Anthro New England, everything from tapeworms to cabbages to a sentient pair of pants could be a fursona. So you're good in terms of expanding beyond the animal Kingdom. I mean, if that one table is representative of furrykind, at least.)

(1 edit)

Would a Roguelike be allowed here in this jam? Using only ASCII characters

Im pretty sure any type of game is allowed as long as it involves anthro characters.
im not the host but the desc says any game allowed

Host

Yep, like LT DEV said, it's allowed! ^^

Submitted

I don't know if this has been asked/answered, but I'm making a furry-esque TRPG that's suuuuuuuuuuper big in scope. Like maybe 200+ pages, with some bonus scenarios. I want to post some stuff related to it so I can get feedback before release, but most of the project would be done during the jam. Can I do that? Basically demos and devlogs for the game as I make it.

Host

That's perfectly fine! We even have a devlog channel over on our Discord server if you want to talk to other people in the jam as well. 

Submitted

Are there going to be results posted? We are allowed to change our files now, yes? Been eager to expand things. 

Host

Yes, you are allowed to change and update your files now, so feel free to expand and improve to your liking! As for the results, I've just released it. I was thinking about not posting it since only 3 of the 5 entries were rated, but found out that the other two were either abandoned or locked behind a pay wall. Sorry for the late!

And good luck with your game! Will be looking forward to checking it out. :)