SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Internal Judging Review - Winners

A topic by YoYo Games created Jun 29, 2021 Views: 2,649 Replies: 39
Viewing posts 1 to 19
Host(+18)

Hi all!
Once again we have been overwhelmed in the best possible way with the quality of the games. Now that the public voting has completed I wanted to be clear about how we will handling our internal review and deciding on our winners.
We're going to take the top 20 games from each category (with some crossover there of course) and put them into a master judging document. We will then be reviewing them internally with some key people from Opera and YYG giving input and picking favourites. Once we've taken all this into consideration and also the rankings on each category we will have our top 3! I think we'll be ready to share the winners next week.
Hope you are all as happy as we are with how everything went. We know there's been some feedback and we have been listening. This won't be the last jam from us!
Thanks!!
YYG - Opera

Submitted(+4)

Well done to everyone for taking part, congratulations to the top 20 in each category for the public vote (that just includes us, exciting!)

This jam has been a hugely positive experience and really one of the best things to come out of it is the amount of useful feedback / constructive criticism / feature requests we've seen when browsing the comments. It's really going to help us take our game further so thanks everybody for that and thank you YoYo Games for hosting!

Submitted (1 edit) (+10)

Good jam. new experience, but finally a winner = how many fans do you have

lol

https://shoeco.itch.io/loony-lasertag-dungeon

Submitted(+6)

I'm emotionally not mature enough to simply move past this XD

Submitted(+6)

I sure hope YoYo Games still gives some credit (like a little showcase or something) to all the other games that didn't make it in the top 20.

Submitted(+1)

This really hurts if you're rank #21

meanwhile my highest ranking is #22 so even if yoyogames considers those in #21, they won't play my game :(

Submitted (2 edits)

This game seems like mine, but watered down, simplified. :) I guess simple is the key. My game was ranked in the 60s.

Submitted(+9)

You should play and judge all the entries, that鈥檚 not how the rules were laid out on the outset. Leaves a bad taste otherwise.  Also GG to all the games in top 20!

Submitted(+5)(-1)

"...the final winners decision will be at the discretion of YoYo Games and Opera."

"...top 20 games from each category (with some crossover there of course)"

It seems like they intend to mix the public favourites with their favourites and then choose. I personally refuse to believe that they haven't played (or won't play) all the entries. And trust me, I get it, I had 10 votes :))

Submitted(-4)

Sorry but the rules were very clearly laid out that way!

Submitted(+3)(-1)

Jason Newman (Gojirra) What are you talking about?

Submitted

"While voting is in place to highlight the best games the final winners decision will be at the discretion of YoYo Games and Opera."

Submitted(-1)

Yeah, that's exactly what are we talking about. So why did you say it is not true?

Submitted (2 edits)

The guy I responded to was claiming that the rules about judging (YYG and judges deciding the final winners) was not clear / not stated. I responded with the rule stating that from the original event post.

Submitted(+1)(-1)

I am not really sure that "down voting" everyone here just to make your comment look better won't help you. I understand your point, but that's clearly not what was discussed here. 

You probably read it wrongly so we have just corrected you (this is why you received so many down votes), that's all, no need to be angry. =)

Submitted

I just though the rules were fairly clear, agree to disagree then. Cheers!

Submitted

Cheers! =)

Submitted(+1)(-1)

he doesn鈥檛 know, he鈥檚 confused.

Submitted(-1)

nah fam.

Submitted

"While voting is in place to highlight the best games the final winners decision will be at the discretion of YoYo Games and Opera."

Submitted (1 edit) (-1)

Exactly, that wording implies that YoYo and Opera would be playing all the entries, and the wording from this post made it seem like they were playing/judging only the top 20… yo-yo  have already commented further down expanding that they are playing all games and any games they think are outliers are being included in they鈥檙e final judgements… 

Yeah, it does sting a little to be ranking 23 and 25 in 2 out of 3 categories - so very close to have them actually look at the game, but no cigar.

Submitted
Deleted 2 years ago
Host(+12)

Some clarification. We have been looking at every game. We just wanted to use the top 20s for a starting point for judges, If there is something we find to be expectational or just shy of top 20 it may also be included. We've just got a lot of amazing games to reviews!

Submitted(+1)(-1)

sweet thank you for the clarification! I for one have no expectations, however the main reason i entered was the thought that someone at yo-yo would be playing each game and they would all be judged regardless of ratings. It鈥檚 great to hear that is the case! :)

(1 edit)

This sounds more promising, and what we'd hoped for, thanks guys!

....great to know that you're playing all of our games too, wow!   :)

Submitted(+3)

Awesome! Thank you YYG!

(+5)

That is awesome to hear. Thank you for being so transparent and communicative about the process, I'm sure we all appreciate that so much!

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

Ratings are not really equal as some high rated games have only a few ratings compared to the others. It is nice to know that you will review each game, just to give everyone same chance! =)

Edit: also I don't really know how does it work here on itch io (with botting etc.)

Submitted

Honestly, thank you for putting  this jam it was a lot of fun to participate in it!

Submitted

Eh, we so mach wanted to get gms 2 xD Well... Time to go back to gms =) Congrats all. Good life all =)

Submitted

Woot! So happy to be in the top 10 for fun! 

Submitted(+3)

That was the best jam! The first game jam i made with a team, i  learned more about art and animations, how to make dialog, maybe better code? It was very fun

Host(+14)

THERE ARE SO MANY GOOD GAMES!!

We hope to be able to share our winners later this week but we are just consistently AMAZED ( :D ) with the games!!!

(+1)

I may have misread as I'm new to game jams and have no idea how judging works for these things. Only the top twenty in each category are gonna be played and reviewed by judges or are all games played?

Submitted(+2)

All games are reviewed

Submitted(+1)

All games will be reviewed, they are just using the top 20 as a "starting point" for the judges

(+1)

thanks for clarifying!

Host(+23)

Another little update form us: We believe we have our top 3 winners and are putting together the announcement blog that we will share here as soon as it's ready. However, there's a few things we've got to sort out RE: prizes before announcing the winners. This might delay the announcement to next week but fingers crossed it all goes well. Meanwhile I'm going back to play a few of my favourites as some of these games are pretty addictive!

Host(+15)

Just to let everyone know that we're getting close to our announcement. We have our top 3 and are working to ensure prizes are correctly distributed before we announce anything. Hopefully we can have the announcement out by the end of this week! 

Host(+2)

Here we go! https://itch.io/jam/amaze-me-game-jam/topic/1530480/amaze-me-winners