We are a group of friends who has decided to do a game jam together and decided to invite you to participate as well! The theme is "absurd aspect ratios". Aspect ratio is simply the relationship between the width and height of your monitor screen. Most monitors these days run in 16:9 and in the past 4:3 was the most popular. We are here to challenge that! The rules are the following:
- Game has to be made for a non standard aspect ratio. 1:1, 1:15, 30:1 and so on is allowed while 4:3 and 16:9 and other common ones are not.
- Arcade aspects such as 9:16 are allowed
- Your game don't have to run in full screen. If want to use full screen you can use letterboxing with black bars to make the effective screen area the size you want
- You can also experiment with making a game that uses a non rectangular view port such as Spacewar!, one of the first video games and which ran on a circular CRT monitor!
- Games that span multiple monitors, are made for projectors or even run on something else like an LED arrays are also allowed!
The jam is organized by Alexander Birke, Daisy Spiers, Jamie Lewis, and Josh Palmer