Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

The Middle(ish) of the cycle - how's it all tracking?

A topic by Twig Gates created Feb 05, 2020 Views: 117 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Host

Hello wonderful people!

I meant to post this a lot early, but I've been unwell the last week. How are we all doing?

It's a little over the halfway point - and it may seem like everything is overwhelming and there's still so much to do on your game - and that's okay! We've all been there, and it can be really hard to reshape a fantastic idea you've had into something you can make in a month (alongside all of life's usual responsibilities and hiccups). You're not alone, and I'm really proud of you for whatever you've contributed or created so far!

Friendly reminder: it's okay not to finish your game this month (or ever), and your health ALWAYS come before the game. Take breaks, sleep, do other things (yes, I know making games is usually more exciting than housework - but housework helps keep life tracking along and keep you tracking along too). Please, feel free to share what you've made so far, or what you're going to make or work on for the rest of the month - no menstruation game is too big, too small, too conventional, or too weird!

Good luck and happy jammin'

Host

So, my own update:

I planned (to be more accurate, I wrote down ideas for) 3 games about menstruation - two that I'll work on in the future, and a very small icebreaker that I might make this month if I'm on track with everything else. I completely forgot to fix up the story from my last period jam - oops, my bad - so I'll probably make that my first priority.

The icebreaker is called "Menstrual Match", and is super simple: half the group gets items like pads, tampons, chocolate, painkillers, a 'listening ear', and the other half get 'my period', 'awful cramps', cravings, and big moods - they have to go around and say things like "I have my period, do you have any pads?", with the idea being that it will help people get more comfortable with talking about periods. Ideally, you'd play this with a class, before learning about periods - or, I guess you could play it anywhere you'll be discussing periods, tbh. I've got the design and words sorted, now I'm just finding out what I'm gonna do about the art...

Submitted

I really like your idea!

Host

Thank you! I've nearly got it finished, just need to take a photo of a few things to use as images :)