Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Shark Blaster (Gille's view)

A topic by gillymew created Sep 27, 2017 Views: 719 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted (2 edits)

I spent some time trying to make something fun, I wanted to have polished and added more things (like the second stage before the boss, with a miniboss =p), but I liked the result so far.

Nowadays, according to what I was able to check, the game has to be completed very quickly, just knowing the right places and the right items to use.

The Game

This game at first I thought was easier to do, but over the course of days I was not able to make it fun, I couldn't find a way to make the gameplay more smooth for the player, so I ended up focusing on creating the mechanism of the sea waves.

Only last week when was announced that the deadline would be extended by a few more days, that I decided to change the gameplay that was stuck in the ground, to one that was free in the air. I was in a hurry so I just did what I got to do.

Background

Art, Code and SE – by Gillenew

Background Music - by PlayOnLoop.com Licensed under Creative Commons By Attribution 4.0

Tooling

Photoshop - All the graphics :3

Construct2 - All the game "code"

BFXR - All the Sound effects

Audacity - Audio editing and mastering

I got support from several people, through facebook, or discord and twitter, thanks to this support I was able to process to the end.

Brainstorming

I simply go out doing it, because water games and shooter are the ones I've lately been having more contact with, I secretly really like sharks, so this cover has a special well, I think about all the pressure to finish the game I started, I just forced myself to do things that were easier, and then I had to cut some things out of the original scope.for me.

Concept Idea, the birth.

What Went Well

Well, I guess about all the hurry to finish the game I started, I just forced myself to do things that were easier, and then I had to cut some things out of the original scope.

In the end, although it was not totally polished, this was the most complete and rich game I could do for a jam (but is good remember that I participated more often in jams lasting no more than 3 days).

What Didn’t Go Well

As I spent a lot of time to find the ideal shape of game design (including gameplay), ended up leaving few time to finish the enemies, the boss and the other details, which are many, many details xD

Missed making the offensive and defensive drones and several other enemies that would be fun to play.

What’s Next

I still don't know, but maybe I go back to this project for polishing and adding things I could not put into jam, it was a fun project.

Excelente trabalho, quero é fazer speed run no jogo.

Submitted

heheh, eu to penando pra conseguir subir pro youtube, internet carroça.

Faz ae e compartilha pra gente ver