Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Little Bee (#101)

A topic by Shane Riley created Sep 01, 2017 Views: 379 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 3

Hello everyone! This is my first game jam, and my first time using Electron and Phaser, so at the moment my code is not refactored. Sorry in advance to anyone looking at source.

My first game is going to be based on the concept for cart 101. Here's what I've put together so far as a POC for the game. The idea is that you need to pollinate like flowers to complete the level. When you touch a flower, the HUD shows which flower pair you're looking for. Find any of that type of flower, touch it, and you've successfully pollinated it.

I've added a very basic water hazard, and liked the idea of recording mistakes rather than limiting the player to a number of lives. The final game will have a means of completing each level by returning to the hive as well as other hazards to avoid and more scenery.

Try out what I've got so far at http://shaneriley.com/games/little_bee/ and let me know what you think!

Yeah, having some half-height water objects might be useful for something like a speed boost or temporary invincibility. I hadn't thought of it, even with the fact that I have water trays out for the bees around my house. Your 3D bees are even cuter than the ones I went with! I was having a hard time adding legs to mine. It's already an oversized sprite, which led to me needing to reduce the hitbox to an actual 32x32. There's a hack in the game now that adds 0.5 to the mistakes count when you collide with water because there's always two collisions with them given the width of your sprite.