Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Some thoughts

A topic by RabbitDev created Sep 27, 2021 Views: 169 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted(+1)

Hey, I am thinking of joining this jam, I just want to ask few question, so I can plan better, before the jam starts.

1. Can the creator of the jam please make discord server? It would help the community and jammers and I am not the only one, who is asking for it.
  2. Why is this jam not rated? I would love to see some feedback on how I did.
  3. Any game engine is okay to use? And what about asset packs?
  4. Farsidevirtual will you make a game too?

That's all, good luck in planning and in jamming.

-RabbitDev

Host(+1)

Hey! 

Thanks for your questions. I've posted the answers below: 

1) I've just created a Discord server! You can find it here: https://discord.gg/4aZbMFC3Wt

2) I've had a lot of experience managing jams under other accounts in the past. Ranked jams are great for large jams, and I might look at doing them in the future. However, from what I've seen, ranking in smaller jams creates an issue, as people who come last are more sensitive to it. When you're trying to encourage people, sometimes ranking can work, and sometimes it can put off people when their game doesn't go as well as they hoped. It's a difficult balance. 

3) Yep, any game engine is fine! Asset packs are welcomed. Basically, so long as you're not lifting someone else's stuff without permission, it's alright. 

4) Not for this jam! Unfortunately I work full-time so managing these jams and playing all the games is enough work in itself. I have created games in the past under the moniker 'SCREAM CATALOGUE' though. 

- FSV