SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Lego bricks and other questions

A topic by Frogzoe created Jul 25, 2023 Views: 136 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 3

Heya, 

Just would like answers to a few questions:

How are the company lego involved in this? 

Will we have to name our games without lego in the title to avoid any lawsuits? 

Are meshes provided for the bricks, lego people ect. 

Submitted

I don't have answers for your first 2 questions but if you need lego meshes you can use stud.io and export the meshes of every lego brick. The meshes do need cleaning a bit to make them work better for games.

Submitted (1 edit)

So, I don't know for sure, but for the first two questions starting with the first. It doesn't seem that the Lego company is involved with this. If they were then it might be more likely that more people would haved joined. As to the second one, likely yes since Lego is a trademark if I'm assuming correctly, and there could be potential legal troubles there. You could try to take the risk since the likelihood of them suing you may be fairly small, but it might be better to do the safe and more legal thing.

Update: It may be helpful to see how people on YouTube do it because they may have put the word Lego in their titles without any legal troubles though it might be possible that it might be a different case.