Hello all -
I've had a week full of other work, but have been dinking with a 7dfps thingy. The idea is to learn a bit and try out a few things rather than an amazing game idea. Here's a level generating:
So far I have:
- Generating level from prefabs
- Deterministic generation when using the same seed
- SabreCSG for building the prefabs
- Custom FPS player controller (a little wonky here and there)
- Entity system with 2D/Doom sprites
- Sprites drawn w/ billboard and animation sorted out entirely in shader
- "Look-frobbing", see gif below
Maybe I want to place some mystery clues or NPCs in the level? I dunno where this is going.
Anyway, everyone else, feel free to post a status here!