Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

SUFFERING DOGS, AN ABSURDO-BRUTALIST MANIFESTO

A topic by Loreshaper Games created May 14, 2022 Views: 63 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Submitted(+1)

I saw this jam last night during a bout of insomnia and figured I'd make a game for it.

SUFFERING DOGS (stylize as you'd like) is an absurdist roleplaying game built around a 4d20 system. Characters have a number of attributes that represent how they approach the world. The goal of a player is to develop an application of their character's attributes in response to stimulus from the GM.

Although nominally post-apocalyptic, the system is sufficiently abstract to permit any sort of storytelling.

Every page is a unique suprematism-inspired visual work with the rules for the game built into it.

(the design for this page has changed significantly, but I haven't gotten around to exporting the new version yet)

Barring the artistic inspirations (which are mostly from artistic movements of the 1910s and 1920s), the primary theme was belligerent design.  Fonts are not repeated through the book and the rules are presented in minimalist fashion to add a sense of chaos and confusion.

While the store page will feature a price of $10, a free "demo" version (identical to the paid version) will be available. I'm committed to the absurdist bit.

Submitted(+1)

I should point out that this isn't really table based, but how often do you have a 4d20 mechanic?

HostSubmitted

Sounds wild and I AM HERE FOR IT

Submitted

I have one more page of rules and then a character sheet and store page stuff left, then I'll post it.

Submitted

It's live!

https://loreshapergames.itch.io/suffering-dogs