We're looking for a Unity developer to quickly build our prototype and iterate on mechanics as we test and tweak our game design. This is a part-time, remote position for 3-6 months, but overlap with the four main US timezones is preferred.
As our sole developer, you'll be working closely with our Game Designer and other team members to bring our prototype to life. Once the prototype is playable, you'll need to quickly add or change features as we test their viability. We have a full Game Design Document, a simple prototype, and concept art to guide us, but our goal is rapid iteration so that we can make decisions about the final game. Even though we have a playable prototype, it's too simple, so this project will be starting from scratch.
We're looking for someone with great communication and organizational skills who's also a gamer with great taste. We would love to hear your ideas and opinions about the game, and to tap into your gaming experience to help inform our gameplay. We have a Project Manager to help with large tasks, but as the sole developer you'll have to manage your own schedule and day-to-day.
- You are able to rapidly bring ideas to life in Unity.
- You've worked on shipped games before.
- You are a lifelong gamer who dreams in pixels and hitboxes.
- You're comfortable working remotely using a combination of Discord, Zoom, email, and project management software (Monday, Trello, etc).
- You're comfortable in a fast moving environment where requirements change regularly.
- You're comfortable writing code alone, without code review.
- You can type fast.
- Fluent in English, great communicator.
- Bonus: Working in one of the 4 main US timezones.
About Flyswatter Studios:
We're a small, fully remote, well funded indie game studio building a 2D roguelike inspired by Contra. Our goal is to make fun, replayable games with integrity - no loot boxes or gambling, but plenty of excitement. Our work environment is positive, inclusive, and sustainable. We're here to have fun and help others have fun, not get burnt out and be miserable.