Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Side note for devs: Region texts & keyboards should be handled.

A topic by Los Geekos Studio created Feb 20, 2018 Views: 270 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Submitted

Hi guys, 

as seen in this Jam, a lot (all?) of you have used direct "Keys" without using region check at all, so this ended unusable for AZERTY keyboards , at least, without installing and switching keyboard layout for windows by pressing SHIFT+ALT on windows, but not everybody knows the trick.

Keep it in mind as a tip for your next project, or use common keys like SDFGH... XCVBN... and so on!

Thanks ;)

Submitted

It's a bit late, but for Machine at the Heart of the World you can use Numpad instead of QWEASDZXC. I figured I'll advertise the letters for people who have keyboards without the numerics but that might've been a slight mistake :)

Submitted

Now that the jam is properly over, I've updated the game with a bunch of internal fixes, but also added a control remapping screen. It's not perfect (mouse click / move can't be changed), but at least the default WASD are changeable now.

I'll definitely be putting more of a focus on proper internationalisation for future games, thanks again for the playtesting!

Submitted

The main reason is that MonoGame handles keyboard inputs badly. So it forces us to go out of our way to make it right.